12/19/13

TNA Final Resolution PPV Review 12/19/13

Note: Well after watching WWE Raw, I don't expect much from TNA. Seeing that TNA is back to taping shows and also doing shows back in Florida, I think TNA is about to implode. So until they do, the shows might be easier to watch because they have nothing to live for. We will see more crap about their title but hope to see something good. Also please note that this is TNA's last PPV on TV for 2013. Hopefully we might get something cool. Here's TNA Final Resolution PPV on Spike TV.

Match#1: Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle - 2 of 3 Falls Match
Winner: Bobby Roode
(As I watched this match, I was trying to determine if Kurt Angle is back to form and if Bobby Roode really can go. I think it is fitting that we got to see this first because this match was long in my opinion. Bobby Roode has done it all in TNA. I think he is going to be the Triple H of TNA. This is the guy that will eventually bury young talent. Angle is going to be the best of the best. This match and feud will continue but I think we got the best match from these guys. Roode is better as a heel and Angle is struggling. One thing I would change is the way this started off. Angle should have accepted the HOF nomination and also made this his retirement feud. )

Match#2: ODB and Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim and Lei’D Tapa
Winners: ODB and Madison Rayne
(As I watched this match, I was both disappointed and confused with this setup and match. I know Madison Rayne had to leave cause she was pregnant. Unlike WWE, TNA has allowed women to leave and come back from pregnancies. WWE fires women for getting pregnant. Now, the new setup for this feud was confusing because Madison Rayne left as a heel but came back as a face. I'm sorry but she is better as a heel. What disappointed me in this match was the lack of action with Lei'd Tapa. I know she is big and fearce but she seems slow this time around. Her WWE counterpart, Tamina Snuka is more nimble. I was happy to see my TNA crush, Gail Kim do what she does best. However, this was not the best match to watch in my opinion. )

Feast or Fired Results: Gunner has Case #1, Zema Ion has Case #2, Ethan Carter III has Case #3, and Chavo Guerrero has Case #4.
Winners: Gunner has a shot at the TNA Heavyweight Title, Zema Ion has a shot at the TNA X Division Title, and Ethan Carter III has a TNA Tag Team Title shot.
Loser: Chavo Guerrero got the pink slip and is fired from TNA.
(I will say that this was more so interesting because this will setup things in the new year. I cannot wait to see Gunner in the main event picture. I know he will be in a feud with James Storm but seeing Gunner in the main event is fresh and new to me in TNA. Zema Ion is basically an X Division wrestler and really would not be seen as anything else. The DJ gimmick is stupid to me because that is so 2010. That's bad for TNA to think that gimmick is going to work. Now, before we saw Chavo and ECIII open their cases, Sting comes in to start some shit with ECIII and Dixie Carter. I will admit that this was pointless because Sting needs to go away. If Hogan left TNA, why didn't Sting go with him? I wasn't surprise to see Chavo get the pink slip. What has he done in TNA lately? Not much in my opinion. My question is how is ECIII going to win a tag team title without a partner? Or will he get one of the jobbers he killed to be his partner?)


Main Event: Magnus vs. Jeff Hardy - Dixieland Match for the TNA World Title
Winner: Magnus - New Champion
(Do I care if Magnus went heel? No because he is naturally a heel. I thank god that Hardy did not win because Hardy in TNA is the equivalent of Cena in WWE. Jeff Hardy is another wrestler that needs to leave TNA. His time and usefulness is up. Time to let the real TNA guys take over. So guys like AJ Styles, Magnus, Gunner, and others be in TNA and make it watchable. I will just say that this match was just passable to be a championship match. Also just for shits and giggles, we need to know how TNA got a title in time for this match. I just know that realistically AJ Styles gave them their title back and we will have a TNA version of Cena/Punk for the real TNA Title. )

Final Thoughts: Well I will admit that if TNA is going to be doing more PPV on TV events to have more matches on the card. This was more so like a good episode of Impact. I mean there was more filler in this show than pie filling. I really think if TNA is going to make it through 2014, it needs to do more. I will admit that Magnus as the new champ is good because it is a fresh start. Unlike WWE, TNA does have people in their roster that can cycle the titles and the attention. I will say that hopefully we will see what TNA can do and hopefully be better in the new year. See you all for WWE Smackdown.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment