12/27/13

WWE Smackdown Review 12/27/13

Note: I was going to say that this was the end of the wrestling week but we got something special from WWE tomorrow. So this will end the week with something good or bad. Usually, we will see a good match or two on Smackdown but it will be seen again on Raw. Hopefully, we just get the continuance of a couple good storyline or angles. Here's WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. The Usos
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
(I will admit that I did not watch this match or care much for it. I only say that because it is hard to watch a match with the Wyatt Family. Some weeks they look good and some weeks, you want to scream. Also it is hard to watch Bray Wyatt because the character gives me a sickening feeling. Moving on...)

Match#2: Antonio Cesaro vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
(Watching this match reminds me why WWE does have good talent. Cody Rhodes have shown me and other fans that he can carry a match and a title. He is just as good as his brother. Cody could be a good main eventer once given the chance. As for Antonio Cesaro, well he could be the future of WWE but only if he gets a good gimmick and out of the shitty gimmick with Swagger and Zeb. This should have been the opening match for this show. )

Match#3: Prime Time Playas (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winner: Prime Time Playas
(This was the last clusterfuck I wanted to see in 2013. I tried to see PTP as a real tag team but this is more like the joke of the WWE tag team division. Ryback and Curtis Axel are just jobbers united. Moving on. )

Match#4: Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Randy Orton
(So you mean to tell me that RKO is champion of champions but also a jobber killer? Well I guess since Cena was busy, RKO could kill Ziggler. Ziggler is where his former friend Zack Ryder was last year. Ziggler is basically a jobber with a good gimmick. Seeing that I expected him to be a great champion in WWE but he is now jobbing to RKO and others. Damn you WWE for killing another talent. )

Match#5: Daniel Bryan vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(Usually, I would comment on a good match like this but to be honest, this was kind of rushed and also this match basically had nothing for me to really watch it. Also I think it is fitting to see this match in the middle but I would rather see this match as a main event for a title in the near future. )

Main Event - Part One: Big E. Langston vs. Dean Ambrose
Winner: Big E. Langston

Main Event - Part Two: Roman Reigns vs. Mark Henry
Winner: Roman Reigns

Main Event - Part Three: John Cena vs. Seth Rollins
Winner: John Cena
(I decided do talk about this match like this because this was basically a six man tag match split in threes. Also it is fitting that RKO is suppose to be champion of champions but Cena is the main event of the show. Also it is fitting that this is how you get to set up the possible breakup of The Shield. Basically, this was just set up to kill time and setup the ending of the show. Time to end this review. )

Final Thoughts: I was just a bit disgusted with this show but then again, it is the holidays and it is basically what you see is what you got. I don't watch WWE like a kid because I grew up watching a different version of what is shown now. I am schooled into the art of wanting action not bullshit. Since it is the holiday, I will just move on and forward. See you all for the 11th Annual WWE Tribute To The Troops Show.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment