12/20/13

WWE Smackdown Review 12/20/13

Note: We finally get to the end of the wrestling week with WWE Smackdown. I have said that WWE Raw was not the best after a PPV but it was not good either. I know that with a unified champ, we should be seeing Randy Orton defend the title tonight. If he is not defending the title tonight, I will call bullshit. With the unification of both titles, I also feel that WWE Smackdown is pointless now because of the unification of the titles. There is no more brand extension. So as I watch WWE Smackdown, I feel like unless something changes in WWE, watching this show is pointless. Until then, time to watch WWE Smackdown and hope we don't see repeats of WWE Raw matches and we get more fresh matches. Here's WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: Big E. Langston vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Big E. Langston
(This was a good way to start the show. This was not for the title but it is fitting that Big E. is being used in the mid card more effectively. I also think pairing him with Mark Henry for now is good for his career and good for Mark Henry. This was an OK match. Swagger is not the man he was because he is at the point of being forgotten. Without Cesaro and Zeb, he would be jobbing to guys from NXT. )

Match#2: Brie Bella vs. Tamina Snuka
Winner: Brie Bella
(I am not a fan of either Bella twin. So seeing them win a match pisses me off. They don't need to be in the WWE. Cena and Bryan are the reasons they are relevant in the WWE. Also it is sad that these non wrestling bitches get more press than AJ Lee. She is the Divas champ and should be more relevant. Tamina should be more relevant than the Bellas. So you can assume that I was pissed to see this match end the way it did. )

Match#3: Sin Cara vs. Drew McIntyre
Winner: Sin Cara
(Who cares about this match? Not me. This was actually when I took a break to eat dinner and also watch something else. Why? Who cares about Hunico as Sin Cara and also who cares about Drew McIntyre? Not me. )

Match#4: Brodus Clay vs. Tensai
Winner: Tensai
(I wish I could say I did not care about this match. The fact that Brodus is a heel is slightly relevant. However, this was my thought while watching this match: If Brodus is heel now, then why didn't Tensai go back to his original gimmick? Or better yet, if Brodus is heel and feuding with his former partner then have Xavier Woods be the replacement to Brodus. Basically, I was happy to see this end and move on to the next match. )

Match#5: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
(Well I will admit that this was a decent match. I love seeing Cody and Goldust be champs. I love that Cody and Goldust will be champs until WM XXX then will have the match of the year. Something I want to see for many years. As for Rowan and Harper, well I hope these guys get more ring time to get their shit together. I love this match and know this might be a good tag team title match to see in 2014. )

Match#6: The Miz vs. Damien Sandow
winner: The Miz
(So is Miz a heel or a face? That's the question that was not answered during this match. Also why did Miz use the figure four instead of the skull crushing finale? This whole match was more so confusing. Also what the fuck is going on with Damien Sandow being used in a Christmas gimmick match? Moving on. )

Match#7: Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Fandango
(This was boring. Moving on. )

Main Event: John Cena and CM Punk vs. The Shield
winners: John Cena and CM Punk by DQ
(This was night where The Shield takes out Super Cena but couldn't take out Best In The World. This was so much fun to watch because The Shield basically was dominate. I know I could be wrong and the editing of this show might have been different but this was still the best way to end the show. A nice twist was seeing Big E. come to save CM Punk and John Cena. A match to see for 2014 is going to be Roman Reigns vs. Big E. Langston. )

Final Thoughts: Most of this show was very entertaining and also very watchable. People don't watch WWE Smackdown because of the spoilers and also because most of the WWE Raw matches get repeated on here or WWE Main Event. This was a very entertaining show tonight. It is weird that most WWE Smackdown shows get good at the end of the year. I really don't have to say much because this was a good show and also most of the matches weren't repeated from WWE Raw. Also it is sad to say that even though this was a good show, the things WWE does to either make people like their shows or hate the shows does have to change for the better or older fans will leave and the kids will have nothing but Cena. See you all for the holiday version of WWE Raw.









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment