12/9/13

WWE Raw Review 12/9/13 - Slammy Awards 2013

Note: This is the Slammy Awards for 2013. Last year's Slammy Awards is really an after thought because I really cannot remember who won and for what. I could re-read the blog about it but will just move forward. As we get ready for the awards, I think it is fitting to say that if this is an actual fan based voting event, we might see something different and creative. Also please note that whatever I say is going to be based on my opinion not on fact. All my reviews of WWE and TNA is mostly opinions. So time to watch 2013 WWE Slammy Awards...

Hosts: Jerry Lawler and Booker T.
(I wanted to comment on the fact that WWE is determined to use their older wrestlers in small roles. I am sensing a pattern because Lawler is going to be commentating on matches for years to come. Booker T. is doing what in WWE? He was GM of WWE Smackdown but now he is just there. Same thing with Teddy Long. I think it is bad for business for the older fans to watch these men be dwindled down to comedic relief and cheap pops to the fans. )

#1 - LOL Moment of 2013
Presenters: New Age Outlaws
Nominees: Vickie Guerrero/Titus O'Neil/Santino and The Cobra/The Rock
Winner: The Rock
(So far, the fans got this right. Seeing this live was cool. Seeing this all over Youtube is funny as hell. The Rock is still getting people's attention even after the fact he was in WWE for like a couple PPVs and WWE Raw shows. I love that the older fans want to see The Rock but the kids rather see John Cena act black and not be an asshole. Moving on...)

#2 - Double Cross of 2013
Presenters: The Shield
Nominees: Mark Henry/Shawn Michaels/Paul Heyman/Triple H
Winner: Shawn Michaels
(The fans shocked me, I wanted to see Mark Henry but HBK's double cross was better. I have got to the point where some guys are better as heels. HBK was a good heel. He still is. I don't think I need to say anything else because this was good TV for me on WWE Raw. )

#3 - Diva of 2013
Presenter: Eve Torres
Nominees: Bella Twins/Naomi and Cameron/Kaitlyn/Natalya/Eva Marie/AJ Lee
Winners: Bella Twins
(This is where I sense a fix. This was bullshit on so many levels. Bellas aren't divas but girlfriends to real main eventers. AJ Lee or Kaitlyn should have won. Bellas aren't worth my time. Plus one of them is dumb as fuck and the other one looks like she might be anorexic. Moving on from this fixed bullshit. )

#4 - Superstar of 2013
Presenter: Shawn Michaels
Nominees: Brock Lesnar/CM Punk/Big Show/Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton/John Cena
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(Words cannot explain this whole event and category. Seeing HBK and Daniel Bryan face to face shows that people need to make a match with HBK and Daniel Bryan. If we got Taker and CM Punk, we can get Bryan and HBK. )

#5 - Fan Participation Award of 2013
Presenters: Prime Time Players
Nominees: Fandango-ing/Daniel Bryan's Yes Chants/Let's Go Cena-Cena Sucks/R-Truth's What's Up
Winner: Daniel Bryan's Yes Chants
(The fans got this right because the fans are really voting. This was awesome to see Bryan win a second award of the night.)

#6 - Insult of 2013
Presenter: The Miz
Nominees: AJ Lee/Zeb Colter/Paul Heyman/Stephanie McMahon
Winner: Stephanie McMahon
(No comment because I know this was fixed. )

#7 - Extreme Moment of 2013
Presenter: Mick Foley
Nominees: The Shield/Ryback/CM Punk/The Wyatt Family
Winner: CM Punk
(This was a shocker because I was hoping for The Shield or The Wyatt Family. CM Punk on top of the Hell In A Cell was sweet and cool. This is another sign that WWE is not fixing all the categories. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are the new main guys. This is a new version of Savage and Hogan. )

#8 - Match Of 2013
Presenter: Bret Hart
Nominees: Taker vs. CM Punk/The Shield vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust/Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar/The Rock vs. Cena
Winner: The Rock vs. Cena
(At the end, the fix wins it out. CM Punk had some better matches in 2013. Same goes for Daniel Bryan. Cena winning this slammy was a way to make sure people see Cena on TV. Also I just want to say that WWE should have added more matches to this category. )

Final Thoughts: I will admit that a lot of my comments were short because most picks were right. I will also admit that this year's Slammy show was not really exciting but it did have some good moments. Seeing HBK and Daniel Bryan was good because we should get a match between them. It was good seeing Bret Hart on WWE Raw not on a PPV pre-show. I think Stephanie winning an award for making a grown man look like shit was bullshit. I love Stephanie but that was not good for business. I found it funny that we did not get to see Triple H come out during this award show. Also one more thing, if they do a seperate show for the WWE Hall of Fame then we should get a separate Slammy Award show. See you next year...





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment