12/15/13

WWE Tables Ladders and Chairs PPV Review 12/15/13

Note: Well this is officially the last PPV from the WWE in 2013. I can honestly say that I am happy to see Royal Rumble 2014 and also what's to come in WWE in 2014. I came to the realization that I have been a fan of wrestling since 1983 and this year was my 30th year of being a wrestling fan. I will go into more details of my 30 years of being a fan in the new year because it is more fitting to do it then. As for this PPV, this is going to be interesting because the main event is going to be the way 2014 will be. Hopefully, most of these matches will be good enough to talk about into the new year. So let's have some fun and review WWE TLC PPV...

Pre-Show/Match#1: Fandango vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Fandango
(Well thank god this was the pre show match. I say that because I find that Ziggler is being buried into the mid card and Vince is still high on Fandango. I will say this match was short as hell for me. I barely had time to really see something good. Ziggler can do more and Fandango is just a joke to me. Hopefully Ziggler will be in the main event. So fucking sad that with the unification of titles, he will never be that guy again. )

Match#2 - Handicap Match: CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose
Winner: CM Punk
(Well I will admit that this was a good match. CM Punk just proved that he is going to make shit happen in the new year. I don't follow rumors and bullshit but if CM Punk going into 2014 with wins and good storylines, I will hope to see him back into the main event and also being the true champ of the WWE. As for The Shield, well the seeds have been planted for them to break up and eventually the rise of these guys in the WWE as singles wrestlers. Hopefully, we might see Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins with the IC or US title holders. Good match guys and thank you for doing this right. )

Match#3 - WWE Divas Title Match: Natalya vs. AJ Lee
Winner: AJ Lee
(Well I will admit that I like this match as it was. I think putting the title on anyone associated with the Diva show would be a mistake. Nattie can wrestle but she is part of something that most people don't think should be seen. I will also admit as we get ready to start 2014, there should be a way to get the WWE Women's Title back and give the Divas title to the Bellas and let all those in the diva show to fight over that title. I do like AJ Lee but eventually, they will put the title on someone else soon. Please don't put it on Eva Marie or Naomi/Cameron. )

Match#4 - WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Damien Sandow vs. Big E Langston
Winner: Big E Langston
(I will admit that this match was pointless. We just got the title off Axel. Sandow should be WHC but Cena had to fuck up that dream. This was pointless because it is going to be interesting to see who gets a real title shot at Big E. in 2014. Maybe if they do something with Rollins or Reigns, it might be interesting to see. Also it should be noted that WWE should use Main Event as a show for the mid card titles. )

Match#5 - Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Tag Team Titles: Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro vs. Big Show & Rey Mysterio vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Goldust & Cody Rhodes
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
(I am so fucking glad the Rhodes brothers still have the title. I can see them losing in time for Wrestlemania but until then, good job. This was actually a good match because at least most of these guys were not on the pre show. I will also admit that out of most of these teams, aside from Cody and Goldust, I think we could see The Real Americans being the champs in 2014. Unless they bring up guys from NXT, that might be the plan. )

Match#6 - Brodus Clay vs. R-Truth
Winner: R-Truth
(Well Brodus Clay is officially heel. Ok good. Other than that, I don't care. Moving on...)

Match#7 - No Disqualification Match: Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz
Winner: Kofi Kingston
(This was bullshit! All this build up for this match and for what? This was so short that I barely had time to even think about what I though about this match. This was shit. What the fuck? I have seen better from both these guys on TV. This should have been on the pre-show. At least the pre-show could have been like a cooler version of Main Event. Moving on...)

Match#8 - Handicap Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
Winners: The Wyatt Family
(So CM Punk beat the best team in the WWE for this year but Bryan got jobbed to the most mediocre one? What the fuck? I think it is funny that Bryan is about to be jobbed because he is getting more attention than Cena or Orton. I have flip flopped about this team but it is because one guy can wrestle but the other two are still green. I will admit that I don't like the logic WWE is using. I just hope we don't see Bryan being on the pre show jobbing to some NXT guy. )

Main Event - TLC Match for the Unified WWE Title: John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton
(I am going to say this for people to see but this was total bullshit. I was saying this before hand because Cena and Orton have been done to death since 2004. I think it is sad that WWE or mainly Vince, Steph, and Triple H is stuck in the past and cannot allow guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, or even Damien Sandow to be in the main event. This was why WWE split the titles. This was why we had a real brand extension that lasted almost five years or more. This match just makes it hard to see new people in the main event. In 2014, we need to see something real in WWE. No more bullshit storylines. I don't need to talk about the match because it has been done. However, seeing that Stephanie and Triple H are the new authority, we might have seen something new and different. I will admit that I was confused with the ending but happy to see Cena lose a match and a title. Vince, Steph, and Triple H got their face of the WWE and their unified champ. The end. )

Final Thoughts: This was officially the last PPV from WWE in 2013. This did not feel like a PPV at times. I think most of the show was big build up for most of the matches but little pay off. I mean if CM Punk vs. The Shield was the best thing on, that's sad. If you wanted to see AJ Lee lose her title, you were not going to see change. Basically, this PPV was all about the unification of titles. Even that was a big letdown. Cena did kick out at two but RKO used the methods of Eddie Guerrero. So I will admit that I am glad I did not pay for this PPV and think most people should just avoid paying for a PPV from WWE unless it is going to be better than a Raw or Smackdown show. See you all for WWE Raw. We might see some of these matches repeated again.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment