12/16/13

WWE Raw Review 12/16/13

Note: Last night we did not see anything worth mentioning except RKO being the new unified WWE champ. Basically the PPV was just all about the titles being unified. Same thing happened when Chris Jericho was Unified WWE champ except Jericho had more to work with. So as we get into tonight's show, we will see nothing much except RKO bragging and just some filler. Please note that from here on out, I will not be talking about the opening segments of either WWE or TNA because I watch for the matches not the segments. So here's WWE Raw...

Match#1: Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Rey Mysterio and Big Show - Non Title Match/WWE.com Poll Match
Winners: Rey Mysterio and Big Show
(I really was not into this match because this was more so a respect match. Nothing more or less. I was pissed to see Lawler, Cole and JBL take selfies during the match. WHAT THE FUCK? If the match is boring, try to make it lively. Don't do something that a young girl do to gain attention. )

Match#2: Fandango vs. Dolph Ziggler - PPV Rematch
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(I will only say that I was happy to see Ziggler beat Vince's creation. Moving on...)

Match#3: Big E. Langston and Mark Henry vs. The Real Americans (Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro)
Winners: Big E. Langston and Mark Henry
(This was so full of bullshit. Why? It is because this match on paper was in favor of the big black guys. Not using race but really, you think the powerlifters was going to lose? No...)

Match#4: Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai)
Winners: Ryback and Curtis Axel
(This match was more so to setup the heel turn of Brodus Clay. And why should I care? I think Brodus is better off with a different gimmick as a heel. Why? Cena and Kofi cater to kids. Brodus can afford to be heel and be a bad ass. What about Tensai? Well either he goes back to Japan to get his honor back or take the girls and move on. Other than that, the match was jobber killer killing a jobber. )

Match#5: CM Punk and The Usos vs. The Shield - WWE App Match
Winners: The Shield
(I did not care who won this match but this was a good match. The Usos need to be more into the spotlight and less out of the mid card. The Usos can wrestle. They can be heel or face. These guys can do good work. CM Punk really wasn't effective in this match but his presence was greatly appreciated. The Shield is going to be broken up in 2014 but until then, they got the job done tonight. I would love to see The Shield vs. The Usos for the #1 Contendership of the Tag Titles soon, real soon. )

Match#6: Total Divas (Bella Twins and Natalya) vs. AJ Lee, Tamina and Alicia Fox
Winners: AJ Lee, Tamina and Alicia Fox
(I will admit that these matches are getting tired and boring but this was good. Why? Tamina and AJ Lee showed people why they are the better wrestlers in the WWE. Nattie is good but since she is a part of the Total Divas bullshit, she is lumped into the fake drama. Tamina is not a bad looking woman. I just think she is stuck in a role. AJ Lee is the queen bee of the WWE. Until they bring up the young girls from NXT, AJ Lee is going to be the best of the best. This match was good because Bellas got their asses handed to them. Any match where the Bellas get hurt is good for business in my opinion. )

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - Non Title Match
Winner: Daniel Bryan by DQ
(I call bullshit. I really call bullshit. I did not care about RKO stopping the match by DQ. I did not care about how RKO is acting as a champion. I cared that Cena had to get involved. Why? Cena as champ is boring. His promos might be good as of late but it is because RKO is better as a heel but needs to work on his talking in the ring. I just think RKO as unified champ is going to kill guys like Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, and others who were WHC before the unification. I don't mind Daniel Bryan being in the main event. I think that's better than seeing Cena and Orton again. Basically, Cena had to be in the main event and also the ending of the show. Why? Vince is scared to see his cash cow lost money. )

Final Thoughts: Well this should have been a better show. I just wish WWE would actually do something to make the shows more appealing to the real wrestling fans not the kids that don't know any better. This show was basically so lackluster as a whole but had some good matches. The ending was bullshit because we cannot have a show without Cena fucking up things. I just hope 2014 is going to be the year for WWE. WWE is 50 years old and the last year or so has sucked for me. I don't care if I think I am hard on WWE because I could book a better show. Time to go to bed, see you all for TNA Impact. At least they have nothing to live for.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment