12/13/13

WWE Smackdown Review 12/13/13

Note: Well we end the week of wrestling with WWE Smackdown. I find it fitting that this will lead to something good for the new week. Seeing that WWE have a PPV this weekend, TNA will have a PPV on TV, and we might see a Tribute To The Troops it might be a better week to end the year for wrestling. So as we get ready for WWE Smackdown, it should be said that I feel like the end of the year should be the best time for WWE Smackdown because it tapes more shows and also better stories. So with that said, let's watch WWE Smackdown to see the what's in store for the PPV.

Match#1: Daniel Bryan vs. Erick Rowan
Winner: Daniel Bryan by DQ
(I think it is fitting that Daniel Bryan was show us that he is the main event for 2013. However, this match was more so a setup for their match for the PPV. Daniel Bryan might be the winner for tonight but the PPV is a different story. I am trying to like the Wyatt Family but some weeks it is 50/50. I want to like these guys but to be honest with you all, it is hard to like these characters. I think WWE is going to fuck up by making Bryan into a joke for 2014. Or I could be wrong and he could take out three men and we might know more about why they target Daniel Bryan. )

Match#2: The Real Americans vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Winners: The Real Americans
(I think it is getting to me that SSDD is a common occurrence in WWE. I don't mind seeing matches over again if they have a purpose. This had no purpose. Moving on...)

Match#3: Mark Henry vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Mark Henry by Count Out
(This match had a purpose. We know that Damien Sandow will meet Big E. Langston at the PPV for the IC title. So we figured to see something happen with Big E. and Sandow. We did. Plus Mark Henry was a bonus because it is good to see him back for one more run of things. )

Match#4: AJ Lee and Tamina vs. The Bella Twins
Winners: AJ Lee and Tamina
(I will admit that aside from seeing Nattie at ringside doing commentary about her title match at the PPV, the other reason why I watched this match is that this might be the last time seeing AJ Lee with the Divas Title. I will also admit that seeing AJ Lee making a Bella tap out to the Black Widow was very cool. Natalya is not really a reality star but I could accept her as champ. If the Bellas win, I quit watching the divas. )

Match#5: The Shield vs. The Usos
Winners: The Shield
(I will admit that this was a good match to see. Why? Simple, it is because these teams are young and can have good matches each night. The Usos are usually jobbing to shittier teams. The Shield has been the team to beat for this year. I find it rare on Smackdown to watch good tag team matches. Also it is rare to say that if they go for another match, it should be for the tag titles. Maybe in 2014. )

Match#6: Big Show vs. Ryback
Winner: Big Show
(This was boring. Sorry but this was just so boring that I had to change channels and also just catch the end. To be honest, watching local cable programming was better because Ryback is a mid carder and Big Show is just there for show...that was funny. )

Match#7: Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Never Happened
(I might be wrong but if this match happened, it was not seen by me. The Miz came down and took out Kofi. That's what I saw. To be honest, if this was to happen then I would have changed channels anyways. This is just how sad it is for me to ignore matches but ADR is boring and Kofi is basically the mid card version of John Cena. )

Main Event: Randy Orton comes out to apologize to Triple H. Triple H then comes out and confront Orton. Triple H accepted his apology.
(This was total bullshit. I am use to seeing matches at the end of Smackdown. This is the kind of shit that happens on WWE Raw. I wanted to see a good match to end the show and lead us into the PPV. This was sad because what Cena said on WWE Raw was so fucking true to a point. RKO has been sheltered while Cena worked his ass off. You want to know why most people don't want to see this match at the PPV? SSDD from WWE. Plus Cena is always the face of WWE not RKO. )

Final Thoughts: So as we get ready for the PPV this Sunday, we see that WWE is going to end the year with some bullshit. So you going to bury CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in bullshit matches? Why? So you going to give us another Cena vs. Orton match? Why? I really think this has been a good year for WWE but ending the year with what is coming is a letdown for the real fans of the WWE. There are real fans in the WWE not the kids who don't remember anything past 2006. See you all for WWE Tables Ladders and Chairs PPV and also WWE Raw.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment