12/9/13

WWE Raw Review 12/9/13 - Show Results

Note: As we start a new week of wrestling, it is with some excitement that tonight's WWE Raw show and the TLC PPV this Sunday will be the best times to see the best in WWE. Tonight we got the Slammy Awards and it is weird to say that because this year, I am going to seperate the actual award show and the action in the ring as seperate reviews. I think I was going to do it last year but didn't. If I did then I forgot. So as we watch tonight's show, it will be done seperately. Something that should be interesting is the fact that for the last time, we will see both WWE and World Heavyweight Titles as seperate titles. So time to watch WWE Raw - Slammy Edition.

Match#1: Daniel Bryan vs. Fandango
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(This was a good way to start the show. I have said that this is how you start a show. No titles, no bullshit, just good action. The ending was weird because The Wyatt Family came out. )

Match#2: Santino Marella vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Damien Sandow
(I will admit that I nodded off during this match. It was not boring, but it was predictable.)

Match#3: Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz
Winner: The Miz
(I think it is fitting that these guys would be fighting it out in the mid card. Kofi has never been in the main event. The Miz was in the main event. Their matches was good enough to see a couple more times. I think it is better off to see The Miz as a heel and Kofi act like he might go heel as well. Not the best match of the night but the ending was different. )

Match#4: The Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger) and Rybaxel (Curtis Axel and Ryback) vs. Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Winners: Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Cody Rhodes and Goldust
(This was so boring that I changed channels to see Monday Night Football. Why is this boring? Because this was a clusterfuck. This might be the clusterfuck of 2013. Not!)

Match#5: Sin Cara vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Sin Cara
(If people are tired of Cena/Orton then this feud should make people sick to their stomachs. Not really boring but it is interesting that this is not the real Sin Cara but Hunico playing Sin Cara. So really, Hunico can't be himself but he gets wins as someone else. WWE logic is so backwards. )

Match#6: Brodus Clay vs. Xavier Woods
Winner: Brodus Clay
(I was going to be nice about this match but Brodus made me say these things. First of all, what the fuck is he smoking? He is not a main event player unless he thinks he is a big deal on WWE Main Event. That's the C show. Xavier Woods is going to be a good mid carder but I hope he shuts Brodus up. )

Match#7: CM Punk vs. Dean Ambrose
Winner: CM Punk
(I am going to say this was still a good match because these men don't do bad matches. I think this was good enough to end the show. I wish this was for a title or something. This is the future of WWE. This was so good that I wish this was longer and more extreme. I cannot say enough good things about CM Punk because he is a true wrestler. Same thing goes with Dean Ambrose. I find it sad he has a mid card title that no one really wants. I know we will see the end of The Shield. So when that comes, we will see some instant classics with all three men soon. Tonight, this was all CM Punk. )

Match#8: The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
Winner: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
(I will not say this match was bad. I will say that both teams are just ok. Nothing new or exciting but this did kill time during the show. )

Match#9: Natalya vs. Tamina Snuka
Winner: Natalya
(This was a quick match. However, seeing Nattie hug her uncle before the match was good for me. I think it is fitting that we might see a new champion because as much as I like AJ Lee as champ, Nattie should have been champ years ago. Time to end the show...)

Main Event: The WWE Championship and The World Heavyweight Championship merger into the new version of the WWE Unified Championship.
(I will admit that seeing both main titles merge into one title is bittersweet because this means we will see a real champ on both WWE Raw and WWE Smackdown. This would also mean that we won't get to see the World Heavyweight Title being used as a mid card title anymore. Triple H speak was not boring but very interesting. Seeing all the former champs in the ring was unique because this is rare to see. Sort of like seeing all the living presidents of the U.S. As RKO comes out, I think it is fitting that he is going to either be a main eventer in 2014 or mid card jobbing. I hate seeing Cena as any form of champ because he is Vince's golden goose. To me, he is a huge asshole. However, Cena is taking a page from CM Punk and possibly showing people he is not an asshole. He just made the ending of this show and we might see Cena/Bryan II. No rebuttal from RKO but a fight break outs. CM Punk hits RKO. Triple H hits CM Punk. Chaos ensues with Triple H taking out RKO. )

Final Thoughts: The Seattle crowd was on point tonight. Not as good as WWE Raw in Detroit but they were on point with a lot of the bullshit going on tonight. I think most of this show was close to being SSDD but a lot of things that were repeats were different because it was. Looking at this show just for matches was a very interesting experiment because WWE can do both a wrestling event and an award show at the same time. I guess I will just end this review by saying that this Sunday's PPV will be interesting to watch. See you all for the Slammy Award Review and also TNA Impact.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment