12/23/13

WWE Raw Review 12/23/13

Note: This is the holiday week, so I think it is fitting that all this week are taped shows geared for the kids and the kids of heart. I am not a kid or a kid of heart. So please forgive me if my comments and criticisms are harsh and crude. I feel like wrestlers should act more like sports athelets and have real time off just to rest and heal. Also it should be said that this week, WWE is going to be in my home town of Detroit, MI. I will not be there but if I was, it would still be a holiday themed show. So I will just dig into tonight's show and hope to geth through this without being a scrooge. Here's WWE Raw...

Match#1 - 12 Divas Jingle Belles Match: Eva Marie, Natalya, The Bella Twins, Cameron and Naomi vs. Aksana, Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox, Tamina Snuka, Vickie Guererro and Kaitlyn
Winners: Eva Marie, Natalya, The Bella Twins, Cameron and Naomi
(So, there are so many questions in this match. One question is why was this the first match of the night. Another would be why was AJ Lee not in this match. Why was Vickie in this match? What is the deal with Kaitlyn being a heel? Usually, I would love to see these matches and drool over the ass and titties of the WWE divas. However, I am starting to go into 2014 with the assumption of what's the point of this division. AJ Lee is champion but she has no real competition. Natalya is being made into a shitty gimmick being part of the diva reality show. Tamina is not going to turn on AJ Lee for a long while. Girls like Paige and Emma in the NXT division would be good competition but not ready to be in the main event. So basically, this wasn't a match geared for me. Plus watching this was raising the clusterfuck meter bar and I was close to calling this a clusterfuck. )

Match#2: Sin Cara vs. Curtis Axel
Winner: Sin Cara
(Let's be clear that this is not the original Sin Cara. This was Hunico under the mask of Sin Cara. The real Sin Cara broke his finger months ago and is healing. Hunico as Sin Cara is starting to kill the mystique of botching the matches. What was funny to watch was seeing Curtis Axel jobbing to Sin Cara. Same goes for ADR who jobbed to him months ago. This was not a cool match to watch but it was funny to see people job to this Sin Cara. )

Match#3: Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. The Wyatt Family
Winners: Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Goldust by DQ
(This would have been better of this had an ending not a DQ finish. We all know that Daniel Bryan is being part of this massive jobbing to Bray Wyatt and friends is part of a good storyline. My question is why does this look familiar. Kane did the same thing to Zack Ryder. Kane damn near killed Ryder but did he get payback, no he did not. To be honest, I was into this match until the ending, then I walked away from watching the mess that followed. )

Match#4 - Present On A Pole Match: Fandango vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Fandango - #1 Contender For The IC Title
(This was the best fucking match of the night. Why? It is because this match was for something and also it was more entertaining than most of the matches prior. Ziggler might be in the WWE doghouse but hoping to see him come out clean as a baby. I love how no matter what, Fandango gets a title shot for something. I don't like that at all. That would be like Rick Martel getting a title shot at Hogan back in the day. He didn't get those oppurtunities. However, seeing that Vince likes to make the older fans feel like shit with guys like Ryback, Fandango and the lesser known Drew McIntyre. Moving on...)

Match#5: Darren Young and Titus O'Neil vs. The Usos
Winners: The Usos
(I will admit that I did not watch this match but have seen it over and over in the past. So nothing really have changed. Moving on...)

Match#6: "Bad Santa" Damien Sandow vs. "Good Santa" Mark Henry - Battle for Christmas
Winner: "Good Santa" Mark Henry
(This was solely for the kids. I could not watch this and wasn't going to watch this bullshit. Moving on...)

Match#7: Los Matadores vs. Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro
Winners: Los Matadores
(My god, this was the third match I just skipped. Why? SSDD in WWE is something I hate and will not stand for in 2014. However, the little bull should have a match against Hornswoggle because he is getting more attention than the guys playing as bull fighters. )

Match#8: Ryback vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Ryback
(SSDD in WWE is not for me. Ryback killing Kofi is not a match, it is just a sad attempt of entertainment. Moving on...)

Main Event: The Shield vs. CM Punk, Big E Langston and John Cena
Winners: CM Punk, Big E Langston and John Cena by DQ
(Well we get to the last match and we see the same thing that happen on WWE Smackdown. That's it, what else can I say. This was the same match from WWE Smackdown except adding Big E. Langston. Time to end this review. )

Final Thoughts: I find it sad that once the holidays come and goes, the WWE gives us shit to watch for the extra days off. For the kids, this show made them happy. As an adult, I feel like I got screwed. I watched more Monday Night Football in the last few weeks than WWE Raw because WWE isn't trying to keep my attention. Batista is coming back in the new year. That's good for the new year but wonder why we seeing him come back. Also who else is coming back in 2014. I am more excited to see a new year because it could mean the end of TNA and a better year for WWE. See you all for TNA Impact and hopefully something worthy to see.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment