12/12/13

TNA Impact Review 12/12/13

Note: Well as we get ready to watch another episode of TNA, I think it is fitting to say that if TNA makes it through 2014 then maybe there is a chance we will see something better than what has been on TV. I know I have been harder on TNA because they use old WWE talent and older WCW/ECW talent but they can be more than just some smaller wrestling promotion. I was reminded that TNA will be having another PPV on TV next week, so hopefully this will make that show better than what we will see. So time to watch TNA Impact...

Match#1: Bad Influence vs. Joseph Park and Eric Young
Winners: Joseph Park and Eric Young
(First of all, this was hard to watch because I felt sorry for Bad Influence because these guys can do more for the main event than the mid card. Also, Eric Young is more so now a reality TV star than a wrestler. Basically, the only good thing about this match was that people finally figured out that Abyss has another personality. I got bored except for the ending. So please kill Joseph Park and bring back Abyss. We need something original from TNA not bullshit. )

Match#2: Ethan Carter III vs. Jeremy Borash
Winner: Never Happened
(I will admit this is one time that I was happy to see Sting. Why? I was not going to see ECIII kill Jeremy Borash. Also he got him to be in the main event instead of killing another jobber. Other than that, moving on...)

Match#3: Austin Aries vs. Chris Sabin - TNA X Division Title Match
Winner: Austin Aries - New Champion
(I have always said that the X Division needs to be on TV more often. This was just the reason why. I loved every second of this match. I wished this was the main event and the other match was before this one. Sabin is a good X Division Champ. He could be a good TNA champ. Same with Aries. Aries is basically the CM Punk of TNA. All we need is for him to just go off script and air some grievances. This match was good. I was happy to see this but this was not the end of the show. Also this did add more men to the main event.)

Main Event: Samoa Joe, James Storm, Gunner, Chavo Guerrero, Hernandez, Austin Aries, Ethan Carter III, Chris Sabin, Curry Man, Zema Ion, Norv Fernum, and Dewey Barnes - Feast or Fired Match
Winners: Gunner is #1, Zema Ion is #2, Ethan Carter III is #3 and Chavo is #4.
(I haven't see a match like this is some time. I was so glad to have an explaination of this match. Basically this is like Money In The Bank with four briefcases. One can get you a pink slip and the other three gets you a title match with either the TNA Champ, TNA X Division Champ, or TNA Tag Team Title Match. So why in the fuck did we see Barnes and Fernum in this match? I am convinced that seeing those jobbers was like putting in Brooklyn Brawler in the main event of WWE Raw. As for this match, this was possibly the best version of a clusterfuck in TNA. I think the match was very funny because once you get the briefcase, you leave. This was five minutes too long because I would have took all the cases and left. I think I will end my thoughts there and end this review.)

Final Thoughts: This was more so a show for segments rather than matches. We did get some good things for the PPV on TV show next week. Someone will be fired. Someone else will have title matches at the PPV. We will see a new champion and more. Basically, this could have been done and edited in one hour. So I will make this review short and sweet. Nothing really new except for the X Division Title match. Also cannot wait to see this PPV on TV because maybe we get more action and less comedy and reality TV bullshit. See you all for WWE Smackdown and the end of this wrestling week.









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment