2/20/14

TNA Impact Review 2/20/14

Note: Well TNA is still out of the USA. It is sad that TNA in UK means better shows because they can do weekend live shows in almost empty places. I am not trying to suggest that TNA is going out of business but I think TNA cannot hang with WWE with fan base and also the finances. I watch TNA because of what WWE does not have - Cruiserweights and Women Wrestling. I hope to see something from the X Division or KO Division tonight. I don't care too much for this power struggle in TNA because it is SSDD for me. However, I expect less from TNA because I expect too much from WWE. So time to watch TNA Impact...

Match#1: Samoa Joe vs. Zema Ion and Bro Mans - 3 on 1 Handicap Match
Winner: Samoa Joe
(I would usually say that starting a show with a match like this is bad but in this case, this was a good thing. I laughed because Samoa Joe basically wasn't going to have a week off not wrestling. As I was watching this match, all I can say is this was triple the jobbers in this match. I think it was basically set that Samoa Joe had this match won. Moving on...)

Match#2: Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne - Street Fight
Winner: Gail Kim
(Holy shit, I get to see some real women wrestling. My TNA crush vs. this mess. I will admit that this was basically a 2 on 1 handicap match. What was funny was seeing these women actually go longer than three minutes. I don't like Madison Rayne because she is not a real wrestler. However, some weeks she can have some good matches. I was happy to see Gail Kim beat her with an assist to Lei'd Tapa.  )

Match#3: The Wolves vs. Kazarian and Daniels
Winners: The Wolves
(This was a good match. I mean I love WWE Tag Team matches but these matches on TNA have been good with The Wolves. I guess when you have young men doing some work, it makes the show more interesting. We all know that WWE isn't going to have young teams in the main roster unless someone gets hurt. TNA is better with tag teams and there is no bullshit unless you count the current champs - BroMans. This was basically part clinic and part excitement. I have never had a bad thing to say about Kaz and Daniels unless it is a shitty match with someone else. These guys are better off with TNA because it would have been years before WWE shows them off. One thing I would suggest is they need a new finisher. )

Main Event: Magnus vs. Gunner - World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Magnus
(I will admit that this was not a boring match. I only say that because both these men were in the mid card for years in TNA. Seeing this match is why I love TNA sometimes. Gunner is not as bad as I use to think. Magnus is a good wrestler. This is like watching good wrestling. This was good wrestling. I think it is sad that TNA can do good shows but most of them are taped. As for James Storm turning on Gunner, well he is better as a heel. Also if Beer Money comes back, fuck BroMans. )

Final Thoughts: Well I guess TNA is getting better but really, what the fuck is up with all these short card shows. Only four matches? Come on now, we get close to ten matches in WWE. This is what pissed me off last week. Again this was a good show but short with content. So there really isn't that much to talk about at the end. So see you all for WWE Smackdown...





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment