2/14/14

WWE Smackdown Review 2/14/14

Note: As we end this week of wrestling, it keeps nagging at me that when we get to tonight's WWE Smackdown it is always a 50/50 shot that either we end with shitty TV or a decent show. Either way, we get a mix. Last night was interesting for TNA but tonight's show hopefully will change my views on Smackdown being the C show. I might have to start reviewing Main Event just to make up for the lost TV time for WWE. I might also have to do an NXT review. Anyways, here we go with WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: The Shield vs. Sheamus, Daniel Bryan and Christian
Winners: The Shield
(So who don't think Daniel Bryan is being burried and wasted in the WWE right now? I think this was bullshit to start with this match. The Shield is main eventers. So are the other three. This was bullshit to make this match first. Why would you make this first? This match was not bad but this could have waited until close to the end. If anything, begin this show with someone else. Good match but bone head move. )

Match#2: Jack Swagger vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Mark Henry - #1 Contender for IC Title
Winner: Jack Swagger
(Ok, this match had me scratching my head. So all these men except for Kofi was in the main event at one point. Kofi held the IC title more than all three men. This would have been better if this was a legit match but this was a way to throw smoke in people's eyes. We all know that Mark Henry and Rey will retire soon. Kofi is jobbing till the end. So we all know that Jack Swagger is going to be back in the mid card or jobbing soon. )

Match#3: Eva Marie vs. Alicia Fox
Winner: Eva Marie
(I will admit that this match was bad. I usually love seeing some of the women wrestle but these women cannot wrestle. Alicia Fox haven't been relevant in years. Eva Marie is not a wrestler but can be a good eye candy. This was not even a match I could FAP to. Moving on...)

Match#4: Goldust, Cody Rhodes and The Usos vs. New Age Outlaws, Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winners: Goldust, Cody Rhodes and The Usos
(This was basically a clusterfuck. Not a bad one, but it was interesting to see all these men in the same match. I don't have anything bad to say about this match. I don't think I have anything good either. Basically, this will end up being a match for the PPV. )

Match#5: Darren Young vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Darren Young
(This was a weird match to see. First of all, Sandow is a joke right now. He is a jobber with a gimmick. Second, is Darren Young going to be a mid card champion? If he is, then it is only because they ran out of people. Also, why is Titus O'Neil the heel? He is more of a mid card title winner of the future than Darren is. This was a weird match, moving on...)

Match#6: The Miz vs Fandango
Winner: The Miz
(Ususally, I hate watching Fandango but thanks to The Miz, Santino and Emma this was a good match. I think The Miz needs to be back in the main event. I think Santino needs to be more serious character not a joke. As for Emma, she is young so she needs to get into a real feud with a diva. Summer Rae isn't a real diva, yet. This could make me happy if Fandango loses again to The Miz or Ziggler. )

Main Event: Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
(I will admit that this was the best match of the night. Not because RKO lost the match but this just made me a fan of Cesaro. I will admit that this is the second name change I wasn't made aware of but whatever. This match just prove that WWE can make guys outside the regulars into stars. RKO isn't going to lose any heat but he did help Cesaro into the main event. Hopefully, this could make things better for WWE Smackdown. )

Final Thoughts: As a whole, this was another good Smackdown show. I only say that because of the fact that these matches did make the show good to watch. There were some points that were messy and very silly to me. However, this was a good show. I know that is rare to say about WWE Smackdown but it is. I am going to hope for better shows as we lead to Elimination Chamber PPV. I just hope that we will see more great shows. See you all for WWE Raw.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment