2/28/14

WWE NXT Arrival PPV 2/27/14

Note: This is new territory for me. I decided to slowly start doing more than review the same WWE and TNA shows. So tonight is the first PPV from WWE NXT. My friend Matthew Ward use to do an NXT review but it was short lived. So as this PPV comes up, I am going to start with this NXT PPV and then go back to regular reviews because it is sad that this WWE show is getting more hype and more attention than both Raw and Smackdown. Even though this is going to be a fun ride, I am going to admit that NXT is going to be reviewed differently because these are the future WWE stars. I will also admit that I hope to do these reviews longer than what my friend Matt did. So please get ready to be entertained with the future of WWE. Here is NXT Arrival PPV...

Match#1: Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro
Winner: Cesaro
(I will admit that this was a good match. Cesaro use to be in the NXT system and this was more so a homecoming for him. I am learning about Zayn but he is almost ready to be in the main roster. He could be a good IC or US title holder in the future. I am right to say this was a good match. I find it sad that WWE NXT can have good matches but their bigger shows have shitty matches. )

Match#2: CJ Parker vs. Mojo Rawley
Winner: Mojo Rawley
(I was not real interested in this match. Seeing that I am coming into this without knowing all the people in NXT, this match was wasted on me. I actually made this my time to eat and drink. So sorry for this quick commentating on this match. )

Match#3: Too Cool vs. The Ascension - NXT Tag Team Title Match
Winners: The Ascension
(Before I saw this, I thought I was watching something else. Too Cool in NXT? I mean if New Age Outlaws can be the current WWE Tag Team Champs then something is wrong with Too Cool in NXT. As for The Ascention, well they need to come up to the main roster. They would go over huge. This was a good match for the younger team. I mean I wanted to see The Worm but the ending was better. )

Match#4: Emma vs. Paige - NXT Women's Title Match
Winner: Paige
(I have heard that these women can have good matches. Why? No bullshit with them being in the divas show or being buried in the shuffle. Emma does come off as goofy on Smackdown and Raw but she was good in this match. Paige is the future Divas champ. I never though I could be aroused and happy to see women wrestle at the same time. Both these women could give AJ Lee a run for the title. This is definately a match of the year candidate for me. )

Match#5: Xavier Woods vs. Tyler Breeze
Winner: No Contest
(This would have been a good match but Alexander Rusev killed both men. So time to move on to the main event. )

Main Event: Adrian Neville vs. Bo Dallas - Ladder Match for the NXT Title
Winner: Adrian Neville - New Champion
(What is the deal with Bo Dallas? I mean this guy has memes and is either really good or really fucking bad. So watching this match was kind of a wash with me. This is the brother of current star Bray Wyatt. He can wrestle but I hope he can do more. As for Adrian Neville, he is going to be another guy to see win mid card titles in the main roster soon. The ladder was a good touch with this match. Time to end this...)

Final Thoughts: As of tonight, there will be more reviews for NXT. I need to get back to watching this show. No more bullshit and no more excuses watching this. I think it would be fitting to review something good with WWE. I mean the WWE Network is good but until they have all the content made viewable, I'm still on the fence. This was good to watch but I need to know about this and even go back to the original NXT/Tough Enough. See you all for WWE Smackdown...







Gene The Grappler






No comments:

Post a Comment