2/17/14

WWE Raw Review 2/17/14


Note: Seeing that this is a new week of wrestling, I am going to start this week with something different. I try to be positive that this week we get to see something new and fresh from WWE and TNA. Most weeks, we get something but other weeks it is SSDD. Before this week's WWE Raw show, it should be said that the Elimination Chamber PPV is Sunday. Thank god the Olympics suck this year because I would rather watch Winter sports than WWE but I am a loony WWE fan. So let's get ready for the hyped WWE Raw show. 

Match#1: Christian vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(Well I am tired of seeing Daniel Bryan start the show. He is not a jobber. He is a main eventer. That does piss me off a lot. Also, did Christian turn heel? I really don't care but do want to know what he is now. This wasn't a pointless match. I only say that because Kane was at ringside to see him get beaten within an inch of his life. Then Kane announces the next match with Daniel Bryan.)

Match#2: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner: Daniel Bryan by DQ
(So Kane can still wrestle. That's a good thing to say in the WWE. Also, this was a better match to watch than seeing the above match. I guess I don't like Christian anymore. As for Kane, this new angle with him is good for fans. This was a very physical match. I miss these matches on WWE because it makes the match last longer. The best part was when Kane knew he was DQ he says it and moves on. This was just as funny as when he said my name is Gerald.  )

Match#3: Fandango vs. Santino Marella
Winner: Fandango
(This was a pointless match. I will repeat it again - This was a pointless match. This was so bad that I mopped the kitchen floor while this match was on. Santino is a joke and so is Fandango. Also, why is Emma with Santino? Why is Summer Rae dancing like a dumb blond? Moving on...)

Match#4: Mark Henry vs. Roman Reign
Winner: Roman Reign
(This was the best Roman Reign match. I think I can honestly say he is ready for the main event. He has the moves and can go toe to toe with a big man. Also, his superman punch is getting more popular. His spear is almost as good as Edge. This was just to setup something better than this cool ass match. We got to see another showdown with The Shield and Wyatt Family. Their feud is getting better to watch. )

Match#5: Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Jack Swagger
(This was another boring match. I actually did dishes while watching Kofi make this match not look boring and silly at times. The only good thing was the ending and seeing Big E. come out for his match.)

Match#6: Big E. vs. Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre
Winner: Big E. 
(This was just to show that Big E. can kill two jobbers with one shot. Also, that he can speak for himself. I will admit that Big E. does not need a mouthpiece. This was just a jobber killer match. Moving on to Yawn Cena...)

Match#7: John Cena vs. Cesaro
Winner: John Cena
(Will someone please explain to me why Cesaro could beat RKO but cannot take out Cena? That is a simple explanation. It is because Cena is a big asshole. I mean Cesaro even put him in the swing and Cena basically kicked out at two. This was not an awesome match. The crowd was high. This was just a longer Cena match. We all know the outcome...Cena wins.)

Match#8: Los Matadores and Sin Cara vs. Wyatt Family
Winners: Wyatt Family
(I think I was so bored with this match that I actually played Flappy Bird during it. I got a high score of 10. As for this match, it was a let down because there was no sign of The Shield. So this was basically WWE's way to kill a few minutes off the card to bore people. )

Match#9: Billy Gunn vs. Jey Uso
Winner: Jey Uso
(This was weird. However, this was not a bad match. Billy Gunn can still go. Jey Uso is actually not bad as a singles wrestler. I think it is was weird to not see this as a tag match. This is a weird spot for this match because usually this match would be in the middle of the show. I am glad it was not in the middle. Hopefully their match at the PPV is better. )

Main Event: Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
Winner: No Contest
(This was actually not a bad match to watch. I think it is sad that this was good. Too bad this could have ended with a pin not a brawl with all the guys in the PPV. I mean this is turning into a wild battle royal. The Shield, Wyatt Family, all the guys in the main event. The ending basically was so quick that I think it is time to end this review. )


Final Thoughts: Well this have been a very interesting show before the PPV. I mean we got some matches added to the card and also saw the pre show match. WHAT THE FUCK IS TITUS O'NEIL VS DARREN YOUNG DOING IN THE MAIN PPV BUT NOT THE PRE SHOW???? I mean what idiot said this was PPV worthy. Cody and Goldust should be in the actually PPV not the pre show. That pissed me off. Also please explain to me why ADR thinks he is going to beat Batista at the PPV. He is going to kill him and then make him job to other guys. Most of this show actually had my attention and was good for the PPV. Other matches on the card were just not right. Basically, this was not a bad show but very interesting to say the least. I do think it is time for WWE to start with a match not bullshit. Especially when it comes to not seeing Cena after the opening credits. I think WWE is ready to push down the app and the network our throats just to appease the older fans. I cannot wait to see if the network is worth it. The WWE App only works when you are watching WWE TV. If you watch any Fox shows, then you know what I mean. See you all for something exciting from TNA....







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment