2/21/14

WWE Smackdown Review 2/21/14

Note: Well we are at the show before the PPV. Usually, this just ends the week in wrestling but this is the calm before the storm when it comes to WWE PPVs. I am old school. Usually, from February to April we get more action and more build to Wrestlemania. However, now we have to have 12 WWE PPVs per year. So there is rarely a break from PPVs. As we watch this episode of WWE Smackdown, we will see how the PPV participants will act during the show beforehand. So here we go with WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: Daniel Bryan vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(Who is getting tired of these matches with Daniel Bryan starting the show? I am. I am tired of seeing a real main eventer be wasted in the company. As I watched this match, I could hear people like myself who think WWE is wasting guys like Daniel Bryan. CM Punk isn't wasted, he's on sabbatical. This was just a waste of time but thank you Kane and Vickie Guerrero for setting up the next match. )

Match#2: Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro
Winner: Daniel Bryan by DQ
(This also happened on WWE Raw. Same setup and the same result. We all know that WWE is not going to have Daniel Bryan be in the main event but then again that's just my opinion. So like the match earlier, this was just to waste time but also setup a match with Kane and Daniel Bryan...that I will watch. )

Match#3: The Wyatt Family vs. Rey Mysterio, Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Winners: The Wyatt Family
(This is another match that will setup the something for the PPV. We all know that this was a tune up match for The Wyatt Family. Nothing against the Rhodes brothers but this was just to make the heels look good. We all know that before the PPVs the guys who have more heat or cheers will get the win. So basically, this was a precursor for the PPV. )

Match#4: Dolph Ziggler vs. Titus O'Neil
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(This match can be summed up like this - Ziggler showed off, O'Neil is a joke as a singles wrestler and Darren Young is like Michael Sam and Jason Williams, an openly gay celebrity. Ziggler could wrestle an invisible oppenent and show off to win. This was basically to setup the match with O'Neil and Young. Their match should be on the PPV pre show. )

Match#5: Jimmy Uso vs. Road Dogg
Winner: Jimmy Uso
(I think it is good to see how these teams will fare up for the PPV. It would be nice to see new champions but New Age Outlaws are good a transitional title holders. This was not a bad match. I just think it was too short for me. Road Dogg can do a ten minute match. More hype was needed for this tag team title match. )

Main Event: Sheamus vs. Christian
Winner: Sheamus
(I think it is better that I end this review because this match was boring to me. Sorry but both these men don't make me cheer for them but they do make me sleepy and sometimes pass out at the end of the show. )


Final Thoughts: This PPV coming up on Sunday is not going to change what is planned for Wrestlemaina 30. We all know that Orton is going to win this weekend. We know that Batista will be in the main event. We know Cena will have a match, and finally, this PPV will suck with Daniel Bryan being buried and CM Punk being absent. So hopefully, I am wrong with this assumption but we will see. See you all for WWE Elimination Chamber PPV...





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment