2/6/14

TNA Impact Review 2/6/14

Note: Well as we gear up for TNA Impact, I ask a simple question - Is TNA in a weird infinity cycle? I think TNA is the best promotion when it comes to secret investors angles/storylines. WWE have done it but then again, it is in house. TNA have had guys and gals come to change TNA and some do and some don't. Bring in guys like Sting and Hogan was good for nostalgia but bad for business. Then you bring in Dixie Carter as an on air talent and that kills the whole business. So we get MVP as both the new investor and talent. We also get the American Wolves as the new tag team. Well it just proves that WWE isn't the best place for some guys. Time to watch TNA Impact...

Match#1: Abyss vs. Eric Young - Monster's Ball Match
Winner: Abyss
(I will admit that this was awesome to start with. I miss hardcore matches because the carnage that happens along the way. TNA is appealing to the people that hates the WWE PG show. As for this match, this was cool. Abyss had this match. I mean we got tables and chairs. No ladders this time. We got thumbtacks and mirrors. My god, Eric Young did this sick ass powerbomb and Abyss landed on thumbtacks. I almost died. We saw at the end that Abyss and Joseph Park is the same person. Who cares? We need more Abyss and less Joseph Parks. Good job TNA...)

Match#2: Curry Man vs. Bully Ray
Winner: Bully Ray
(The way I saw this, technically this wasn't a match. However, I added it because this was more so a statement to the feud between Bully Ray and Mr. Anderson. I felt sorry for Curry Man. I felt sorry that this could have been longer. This scared the shit out of me because piledrivers aren't done as much anymore. )

Match#3: Austin Aries vs. Zema Ion - X Division Title Match
Winner: Austin Aries
(This was another situation where this wasn't a match at first but became an impromptu match. By the way, I hate Zema Ion's DJ gimmick. It almost reminds me of Zack Ryder. This was a quick match but it was more so effective. This just proves that Austin Aries is the future of TNA, if there is a future. )

Match#4: Kurt Angle vs. Magnus
Winner: Kurt Angle by DQ
(I was excited to see this match. However, this was where TNA decided to fuck up a good match. So this was good. Both guys can give us a good match. The action was good. So why did ECIII had to ruin this match? Well it is simply because they had to insert him in the main event. Plus this might setup something with Angle and ECIII. This was the low point of the show. Hopefully Angle is not really injured. )

Main Event: Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Roode - #1 Contender Match
Winner: Samoa Joe
(I watched this match like if this was the best thing TNA had to offered. It was the best thing they had to offer. People don't realize that since AJ Styles left TNA, Samoa Joe is the next guy to be the face of TNA. Bobby Roode was fucked over because he could have had a title shot later on instead had to do this match. Basically, this was a setup for Samoa Joe to have another victim. This should have ended the show but we have to see a showdown. )

After The Main Event: Dixie Carter comes out with Spud. She introduces MVP and welcomes him to TNA. She says they have a lot to talk about. Dixie praises Magnus and says she will lead TNA to success. Dixie says she has dealt with good investors and bad investors, an apparent shot at Jeff Jarrett. MVP isn't buying Dixie's talk and says her reign of terror is over. MVP says her party is over and he plans on being very hands-on. MVP and Dixie had a staredown to end the show.
(I wished this was not after the main event. I found this whole thing boring and typical. I only say this because Dixie is boring and MVP was speaking like the typical face. So let's end this before I fall asleep. )

Final Thoughts: This was an interesting show. I just think TNA needs more matches and less fucking talking. I mean for two hours only have barely four or five matches. I know most of WWE's matches are shorter than five minutes but TNA does put on close to ten minute matches. I was nitpicking with that point but this show was long on content. I also think TNA benefits from having these shows taped in UK this month. What also struck me as odd was taping shows in the UK but having live events in the USA. This was an interesting show because you would think having MVP would help TNA. Well he did but to me it was just a way to prevent all the talk that TNA is over. I am not a TNA fanboy. I am not a WWE fanboy. I am a wrestling fan, period. So see you all for the C show of WWE - WWE Smackdown.



Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment