2/24/14

WWE Elimination Chamber PPV Review 2/23/14

Note: Well this is going to be interesting for me because usually I watch the PPV as it happens either at a friend's house or at a bar that gets WWE PPVs. With the WWE launching their network tomorrow, I decided to catch the replay because I wanted to watch this alone. So basically, if this PPV sucks then I am going to get refunded. If this is a good PPV then I will watch it again. This is the PPV before Wrestlemania 30 and usually this PPV makes things worse for Wrestlemania depending on who is watching it. So let's get ready to watch WWE Elimination Chamber PPV.

Pre-Show/Match#1: Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
(I feel this match should have been on the actual PPV. Both these teams should have shots at the tag titles. I love seeing Cody and Goldust as a team but I wanted to see them in a match at Wrestlemania. As for Ryback and Curtis Axel, well it is better for these men to be together than be apart. Good match but should have been in the actual PPV. )

Match#2: Jack Swagger vs. Big E - WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Winner: Big E
(I wanted to watch this and think this was good to start the PPV. However, I forgot that Swagger is a boring wrestler. He can wrestle but lacks the charisma to speak for himself. Big E. is the man right now for the IC title. This was not a bad match but Swagger knows he is stuck in the mid card and isn't a main eventer. Big E. is the future of WWE. He will be champion some day. This PPV he was the man. Thank god he carried this match. )

Match#3: The Usos vs. The New Age Outlaws - WWE Tag Team Title Match
Winners: The New Age Outlaws
(This was worth the wait. I love these guys and hope this is a rematch at Wrestlemania 30. I think it is because New Age Outlaws are still good as a team. These men can still make magic in the ring. The Usos are close to being champs. I hope this is the year for them. This was good enough to make me think this was not going to be a good PPV. Thank you guys...)

Match#4: Darren Young vs. Titus O'Neil
Winner: Titus O'Neil
(THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!! THIS WAS JUST TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!! REALLY WWE!!!!!! So this match was good for the PPV? That's bullshit. These guys were funny as a team but apart these men aren't shit. Neither one of them is going to be a champion or have a title shot. I am pissed because this should have been in the pre-show. So bullshit....moving on...)

Match#5: The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family
Winners: The Wyatt Family
(The IWC had the biggest orgasm seeing this match. I am not a part of the IWC but laugh because I loved this match as well. What's funny was this was going to be the start of the end of The Shield and the start of The Wyatt Family's reign of terror. This match basically just so good that I wished this was longer. Basically, this was the match of the night. Sorry but most people know I am right. )

Match#6: Cameron vs. AJ Lee - WWE Divas Title Match
Winner: Cameron by DQ
(I am so disappointed with this match. This is the end of the divas division. AJ Lee cannot carry this division anymore. We all know that any female on Total Divas will have this title before the end of the second season. This was so bad that I was glad it ended the way it did. I love AJ Lee but know her time is up for this title reign. )

Match#7: Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Batista
(Ugh, this was the match before the main event? Why? ADR is leaving soon, so he should be jobbing to anyone. This match will be repeated on WWE Raw tomorrow but tonight this was just boring and sad. People hate Batista and love ADR, please tell me this is bizaro land. Time for the main event of the night...)

Main Event: Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton - Elimination Chamber for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
Winner: Randy Orton
(Let me break this down to a very simple thought: Cesaro is in the main event but loses. Then you restarted a feud with Christian and Sheamus. John Cena is taken out by The Wyatt Family. Finally, Daniel Bryan gets screwed out of another title shot and opportunity. I think everything outside the last two men was better than seeing this bullshit ending. I hope Daniel Bryan gets some revenge at Kane finally. As for Orton winning, this was exactly how I saw this PPV ending. So let's end this before I get upset. )

Final Thoughts: I loved when WWE had four main PPVs in a year. The in between time was suppose to setup feuds and storylines. However, this PPV was a wash. This had a lot of shitty moments but some good matches as well. Sad thing is that the best match wasn't for a title but just to setup possibly a break up and also the feud of the Wrestlmania season. I am also glad I am getting refunded because this was not worth my money. This was bulllshit for the most part. See you all for WWE Raw with the return of Hulk Hogan...




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment