1/14/13

TNA Genesis PPV 1/13/13

Note: This is the first PPV from TNA in 2013. I hope this is better than what we say last year. This marks the first full year of PPV that started Gene The Grappler. So I hope to see something good. We will see. So with that said, here's TNA Genesis.


Match#1: Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez vs. Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan - TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
Winners: Hernandez and Chavo Guerrero
(I wish I could say that I wanted to see this match. I didn't want to see this match. I don't think Chavo and Hernandez are really being challenged. This is really sad because I think TNA is lacking in the tag team division like WWE was. As for Joey Ryan, he's being wasted in this mess. He should be in the X Division. As for Morgan, why in the fuck they rehire him? He can't wrestle. I guess this was a match that I was bored to see but question everything in this match. Time for TNA do make some real tag teams.)

Match#2: Samoa Joe vs. Mr. Anderson
Winner:  Mr. Anderson
(I will admit this was a better match than the first one. This one at least had some meaning to it. Plus it is nice to see both men do something aside from talk. I love Samoa Joe because he can do work in the ring. Anderson is better off in TNA because he is injury prone. Good match and this does help with the Aces and Eights storyline.)

Match#3: Christian York vs. Kenny King - #1 Contender’s Match for the X Division Championship
Winner:  Christian York
(This was a fucking good match. Thank you TNA for making this PPV better. It is sad to say that the X Division is better than the heavyweight division. Both guys made this match worth a second look. I love the ending and also love the fact that York was laid out before RVD came in the ring.)

Match#4: Rob Van Dam vs. Christian York - X Division Championship Match
Winner:  Rob Van Dam
(Well I think the title should have changed hands but I also think that York was set up to fail at this PPV. Nothing new with this match because RVD is there to collect a paycheck. So the president of the paycheck players club did make his money. So sad because it is time to let the kids run wild.)

Match#5: Devon vs. Joseph Park
Winner:  Devon
(This was boring. I wanted to see Abyss come back but we got a jobber and a mid carder fight it out. This did help the Aces and Eights storyline but this match was seriously boring. I hope Abyss comes back soon.)

Match#6: Knockouts Gauntlet Match with Gail Kim, Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Miss Tessmacher, ODB, and Madison Rayne
Winner: Velvet Sky
(Well this was more like watching a man's wet dream come true. All these women in the ring. It was hard to concentrate. I wished ODB or Mickie James would have won. Velvet Sky is not a wrestler. She's a model that can pretend to wrestle. I did love seeing my TNA treat - Gail Kim. )

Match#7: #1 Contender’s Match - Christopher Daniels vs. James Storm
Winner: Christopher Daniels
(No comment on this match. I just am speechless.)

Match#8: DOC vs. Sting
Winner: Sting
(This was like watching Sting on WCW Saturday Night face a jobber. This did help the storyline with Aces and Eights but then again, this was a fucking joke. I really think it is time for him to retire. I mean seriously. Moving on from this....)

Main Event: Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode - TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Winner: Jeff Hardy
(Bobby Roode and Austin Aries are acting like Team Hell No in WWE. Both these men are acting like kids fighting over a toy. I will say that I wanted to see a title change because Hardy should leave. I wanted to see Aries run with the title and do something inventive. Roode is not going anywhere and will have his time to have the title. Hardy is on his way out.)


Final Thoughts: Well as a whole, they did help the Aces and Eights storyline but this is worse than the NWO in WWE. By the way, why did Daniels get a title shot? Basically, this was a genesis of same shit going into the new year. I wish I could say more but most of this PPV was garbage. See you all for WWE Monday Night Raw's 20th Anniversary.






Gene The Grappler




No comments:

Post a Comment