1/19/13

WWE Smackdown Review 1/18/13


Note: After last night's crazy wedding on TNA, I think WWE should give us something to look forward to. ADR is champ now and we should see some matches that weren't on WWE Raw. Also I hope that even though WWE Raw sucked this week, Smackdown should get the people back they lost. So with that said, here's WWE smackdown.....

Opening Segment: ADR and RR are in the ring celebrating the title. Dolph Ziggler and crew comes in to make a threat for the WHC. Big Show comes out to stare down ADR. Sheamus comes down and does like Miz and Cena. Booker T. comes down and does a Teddy Long and make a main event with the four men in the ring.
(This was a good way to start Smackdown. I really don't have must more to say because there is nothing bad to discuss. However, I loved how Sheamus and his attempts to be funny and happy go lucky. So we got a main event.)

Match#1: Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro - Non Title
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
(I am sorry but I did not watch this match. Cesaro is boring and Kofi is about to be burried in mid card hell. I think I saw like five minutes and changed channels. I don't like Cesaro. I did see the end and also how Miz was watching the match in the back. Why? The Miz is a main eventer not a mid carder.)

Match#2: Tensai vs. Great Khali
Winner: Great Khali
(The first match was bad. This was unbearable. Not only am I confused with Khali and Natalya but why is Tensai still in WWE. This was almost like watching a train crash with commentating. JBL was running out of things to say during this match. This is a true mid card hell match. )

Match#3: Team Hell No and Randy Orton vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and Wade Barrett
Winner: Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Randy Orton
(This was a good match. Finally, a good match. We all know that Team Hell No and Team Rhodes Scholars will face each other for the title at the PPV. However, it feels weird to see Barrett and Orton face each other again because it lost the luster of their epic and awesome falls count anywhere match. We all know that RKO is going to be heel soon, and I cannot wait. He needs to be out of mid card hell and back in the spotlight.)

Match#4: The Miz vs. Primo
Winner: The Miz
(This match was set up after The Miz was watching Kofi and Cesaro. This was basically a one sided match. So we don't get to see Miz use the skull crushing finale but the figure four. Why? I love the scf. )

Match#5: Kaitlyn vs. Aksana - Non Title Match
Winner: Kaitlyn
(This is weird. A divas match at the end of the show. That's good I hope. So I am a big fan of Kaitlyn and happy she won the title on WWE Raw. This will be interesting because Kaitlyn and AJ will face each other soon. Before I get into this match, let me say that I don't like Aksana. She cannot wrestle. She's a valet or a sexy face in the background. As for my sexy Kaitlyn, I am happy she made it to the top of the division. She is both a wrestler and can be sexy as well. She reminds me of the women of the past like Jacqueline or Victoria (Tara). This match was good because Kaitlyn made it good. Seeing a woman using the spear is sexy and cool.)

Main Event: Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show and Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Sheamus and Del Rio by DQ
(This was not a clusterfuck. This was good TV. I really don't have much to say because this was a good ending for the show. I guess my only issue is the comedy that caused the DQ. Thank you WWE for ending the week right.)


Final Thoughts: This was not the best show but this did make up for the shit we saw on TNA. Also, we are into the road to Wrestlemania season. Hopefully we will see more matches built for the Royal Rumble PPV. Also I cannot wait to see WWE Raw this week to see if we will get more heat and attention with Rock and CM Punk. Good night and see you all for WWE Raw.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment