1/26/13

WWE Smackdown Review 1/25/13

Note: This is the last show before WWE Royal Rumble. WWE Raw did not help the PPV much. Basically, the whole show did not help people want to rent the PPV. So this should be the show to help. We have been hearing about people from the past coming back to be in the main event of the Royal Rumble. Basically, this show is the sink or swim of people wanting to see this PPV. So I am going to try to watch this show with some form of objectivity. Here's WWE Smackdown.........

Opening Segment: Kane and Daniel Bryan come out and we see footage from their graduation on RAW. Kane talks about their title match at Royal Rumble and they start arguing. Kane promises he will win the Rumble 30-man match and out comes Big Show. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes end up coming out. Sandow proposes they take out Team Hell No. Alberto Del Rio comes out and we have a six-man elimination match for later tonight, thanks to Booker T.
(I am getting sick of these damn tag team matches on Smackdown. We need to see something new on Smackdown. I am getting tired of the WWE writers being on auto pilot. This really gets on my last fucking nerves.)


Match#1: Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett
Winner: Sheamus
(This was a good match. This match was exciting and this match should have had a winner on WWE Raw. I am glad they at least let this match end very clean. I was worried that WWE might fuck up these men. Sheamus is funny at times but he is good in the ring. Barrett is a beast in the ring. I wish he was more of a singles wrestler from the jump but he is a better one now. Thank you for WWE to correct a mistake on WWE Raw.)

Match#2: Natalya vs. Rosa Mendes
Winner: Natalya
(Ok, um where to begin with this match? First, Nattie can wrestle and should be wrestling more often. Rosa is just a model with no talent. This was painful to watch. However, this was only as good as what Nattie did in the ring. This was a quick match because Nattie could not carry this match for so long. No comment with the alliance with Khali and Hornswoggle.)


In Ring Promo: CM Punk comes out and talks about The Rock and Royal Rumble. Paul Heyman has an executive order for the stipulation made by Vince McMahon. Punk called out The Shield. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns come down. They have a staredown and he tells them to get out of his business. They leave and out comes The Rock. He cuts cuts a promo and leaves.
(This was better than the promo on WWE Raw. I guess that was because there was no Shield to interrupt. Speaking of the Shield, we all know that if the Shield will not interfer then we will see Brock Lesnar do something to the Rock. Either way, we will see something different or unique.)

Match#3: Randy Orton vs. Drew McIntyre
Winner: RKO by DQ
(I want to say that this match was boring but it was not boring but 3MB was killing me because of the fact that it is three jobbers acting like jackasses. As for RKO, well I said my peace about RKO. )

Match#4: The Miz vs. Darren Young
Winner: The Miz
(No comment about this match. I will save my comments about The Miz and Antonio Cesaro until the PPV.)

Main Event: Kane, Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow - Six Man Tag Elimination
Winner: ADR is the sole survivor.

After the match: Big Show went nuts on Del Rio and pinned him under the announcers table. Show counted to 10 to end SmackDown.
(Well I can say this was a funny way to end the show. I say that because it is weird to see Big Show outsmart someone. Also it was funny to see ADR fall for the same gimmick that got him the title. I love Big Show but he is starting to act like a craze man.)

Final Thoughts: I am starting to notice that there is no more brand seperation. There is no more Raw vs. Smackdown. Basically, what did not get over on WWE Raw will be cleared on WWE Smackdown. I do want to speak about the PPV but I will just reserve my comments and stuff for Sunday because it is going to be interesting to see who watches and who will admit that it was a good PPV. See you all for WWW Royal Rumble.








Gene The Grappler



No comments:

Post a Comment