1/18/13

TNA Impact Review 1/17/13 - Wedding Edition


Note: This is the first time in a while that I have seen a wedding on TNA. I hope this is going to be a good thing but is not going to take the whole show. Also I know I am asking a lot for this show but then again I expect more from TNA because they are not doing us wrong like WWE. So here's TNA Impact: Wedding Edition.

Match#1: Kaz and Daniels vs. James Storm and Jeff Hardy
Winner: Jeff Hardy and James Storm
(This was possibly the best opening match ever on TNA. I know it is weird to see your champion in the opening match but given the circumstances of tonight, this was the best possible way to start the show. I love how Kaz and Daniels are basically getting over by telling it how it is. James Storm is a guy I want to hacve as my champion and also the face of the company. I still think Jeff Hardy needs to drop the title and finally retire. The match was good. I am shocked that this ended clean. I am glad this did end with no issues.)

Gut Check: Jay Bradley or Brian Cage
Winner: Jay Bradley
(This was unbearable to watch because it was going so slow. I like Gut Check but then again, we figure these kids got a job or not. Why make this more bearable and just put a contract in a case and put it above the ring. Their match last week was like watching kids in the backyard outdoing each other. So good luck to Jay Bradley.)

Match#2: Christian York vs. Kenny King
Winner: Kenny King
(At first, seeing this match at the PPV was kind of boring but Kenny King made it watchable. Their match at the PPV shows that the X Division is the best division of TNA. Their match at the PPV was good enough to be a main event type match. I am not a big fan of York. I think he's too big for the X Division but he can go toe to toe with RVD. This match was basically a rematch because King KO York before facing RVD. King is more dominate and should be facing RVD for the title. Thank god this match was shorter than the PPV match.)

Match#3: Gail Kim vs. Velvet Sky - #1 Contenders Rematch
Winner: Velvet Sky
(Before I drool over Gail Kim, let me make something clear to TNA fans and TNA: Velvet Sky cannot wrestle. This match was like watching a difference in styles and tactics. Velvet never used a move that was tailored to an experienced wrestler. All she did was look good to the crowd. I wish TNA would get that she should be doing anything else but wrestle. As for Gail Kim; she can wrestle and is getting sexier by the day. I have said that she looks better in TNA. WWE basically wanted to use her like a model. TNA made her a wrestler. She's the only Asian woman I find sexy as hell. So this match was only good because Gail Kim made it bearable. I did see a lot of botches, so I know Botchamania will be all over this. Thank you Gail Kim for this match.)

Main Event: The Wedding of Brooke Hogan and Bully Ray. The groomsmen were Tazz, Tommy Dreammer, and Spike Dudley. The bridesmaids were Mickie James, Christy Hemme, and Miss Tessmacher. Hulk Hogan did come down to walk his daughter down the ring. The ceremony was almost over when Tazz interrupts. Tazz questions Bully Ray about marrying Brooke. He takes off his jacket and reveals a vest with the Aces and Eights logo. Aces and Eights comes down and tears up the ring and beats up the men. Sting comes to make the save but was laid out as well. Aces and Eights show Brooke the damamge and let her go to tend to Bully Ray and Hulk. The end of the show.
(Where to begin with this gigantic clusterfuck? So Tazz is a part of Aces and Eights? Why? Brooke and Bully aren't married? Why? Hulk did come to walk his daughter down the aisle. Basically like everyone thinks that this angle is like the orignal NWO angle in WCW. People join Aces and Eights out of the blue. So this was a big waste of time.)

Final Thoughts: What I am about to say is going to be in caps because it will convey the anger and frustration of what I felt for this show. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, TNA? YOU BASICALLY FUCKED OVER THE FANS BY GIVING US THREE MATCHES AND WASTED THE END OF THE SHOW WITH THIS BULLSHIT!!!! ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH OR CRAZY!!!!!!!! PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT IS YOUR ISSUE!!!! Now that I said that, basicallly this was like watching two different shows. One had good wrestling and the other was wasting time. Going to hope that WWE Smackdown will make things better.












Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment