4/7/13

WWE Wrestlemania 29 Epic Review 4/7/13


Note: This is the Super Bowl of wrestling. This is the main event of main events. Why does the card look shitty to me? I am trying to overlook the card and also hope this event might change your mind about WWE PPVs and shows. I am going to try to get as opinionated as I can without getting pissed off. With that said, here is WWE Wrestlemania 29. I don't care about any of the pre-match shit because it is irrelevant to me.

PreShow/Match#1 - WWE Intercontinental Title Match: The Miz vs. Wade Barrett
Winner: The Miz - New Champ
(I feel sick hearing about the seeing this on free TV. This is a prestigious title that leads to guys being more than a mid carder. My biggest pet peeve is that Vince abandoned how things use to be. We all can remember that guys like Y2J, Edge, Kurt Angle, and others held this title before being WWE Title. I love both these guys and did enjoy seeing this match. However, I was sadden to watch how the IC title went from the workhorse title to the mid card jobber title. Am I happy to see the Miz win? Yes I am. However, Barrett is not going to allow this to change him and will probably get a rematch tomorrow.  )

Match#2: The Shield vs. Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show
Winners: The Shield
(I was hoping to see RKO turn heel after this match. I wanted to see RKO turn heel after this match. Seeing Big Show turn back to being a heel wasn’t a surprise to me. I think that’s because it is funny to see that Big Show was playing along but really wanted to get the win. Also like I said, RKO should have turned heel. As for Sheamus, well I wanted to see someone KO him. I am not tired of his stuff but I am tired of how he caters to kids like Cena. As for The Shield, well this was a good win for them because these three men are the future of WWE. These men can be the future title holders that we hope they become. Right now, these guys are better than most of the guys in Aces and Eights.)

Match#3: Mark Henry vs. Ryback
Winner: Mark Henry
(I am happy to see this fucking train wreck end the way it did. I mean both these guys are good but this was a clusterfuck. This was like watching bears dance. Good to see but scary to some. This will lead to something and hopefully we will see it tomorrow. )

Match#4 - WWE Tag Team Title Match: Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
(Well I was hoping to see Ziggler have a title regardless of what title. Also it was good to see Big E does some work. He is a beast in NXT and he is now in the big time. This was a good match because both teams aren’t generic teams. I might have had my issues with Team Hell No but this was a good match to show they are the champs. This was a hidden gem in a shitty PPV.  )

Match#5: Fandango vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Fandango
(This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This was garbage!!!!! This match pissed me off because it was put together at the last minute. Also Y2J is not a jobber. Fandango is a joke. Vince loves this joke. So I guess for now, people likes him. I don’t. Bring back Johnny Curtis and his stick. Fuck this Fandango shit. )

Match#6 - World Heavyweight Title Match: Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(I hope this shit is over. I really do because this was another match that was put together so quickly and leads to really nothing. I was hoping this match would end with a clean victory and with ADR basically telling people to fuck off. I got most of that. ADR as a face is ok but then again, seeing Swagger become a racist is not ok to me. )

Match#7: Undertaker vs. CM Punk
Winner: Undertaker
(I am older than this streak. However, seeing this streak is something that is part of the past that I think Vince will try to keep around. I am a huge mark for Taker. I think his time to retire is upon us. We all don’t want to see him go but he is getting older and stiffer. Seeing the matches prior to this match made me feel like this is the last piece of my childhood. Seeing Taker as he is now is a good thing and a bad thing. It means the attitude era and the golden era both are over for good. I have a lot of respect for CM Punk. He does deserve the honor of ending the streak. I know he is a heel but to me he is about gaining respect. Both these men are my favorites and it was a blessing to see this match. Regardless of the outcome, this is a classic to come.  )

Match#8 - No Holds Barred Match: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
Winner: Triple H
(I was a fan of Brock but he is getting old and stale quick. I guess it is because he is doing the same thing he did last year. As for Triple H, he’s the best in WWE. This match to me was one sided. We all know that Triple H is not going anywhere. I really don’t have much else to say because this was not a good match but ok to see. )

Main Event - WWE Title Match: John Cena vs. The Rock
Winner and New WWE Champion: John Cena
(I knew this shit was going to happen. I am not going to comment because I did not want to see the end. I also did not want to see Cena redeem himself. So I will cry and throw up at the same time. )

Final Thoughts: This was the shittiest WM I have ever seen. This was worse than WM18 and WM19. I did see some good things come out of this but at the same time the big matches were predictable. I hated to see Cena win the WWE Title. I hated to see Triple H beat Brock. I hated to see that RKO did not turn heel. I hated to see Fandango beat Y2J. Basically all the good things we could have seen did not happen. I guess I will hope for a good WWE Raw. See you all tomorrow for maybe an epic show.









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment