7/11/13

TNA Impact Review 7/11/13

Note: This should be an interesting show tonight. We all know that BFG matches will be on the show for tonight. I also want to see who becomes the new VP in Aces and Eights. I don't care about the MEM because this is a mistake to go back to a fail faction. I guess the only good match possibly is the Gail Kim/Terrell match. Here's TNA Impact.

Match#1: AJ Styles & Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy & Joseph Park - Joker's Wild Match
Winners: AJ Styles & Samoa Joe
(Well this was a good way to start the show. I say that because these four men were opponents last week. Also because it is weird to see guys lumped together in tag team matches. I was hoping for better match but when you got Hardy in the mix, WYSIWYG. I think it is funny to say that the Hogan and Savage of TNA was in this to win. Samoa Joe in the MEM is a joke because he needs to be independent. As for AJ Styles, he's my pick to win the BFG series. Seeing him win is proving my point that he is going to be TNA Champ again. Thank god Joe was the one to get the win. )

Match#2: Magnus & Mr. Anderson vs. Jay Bradley & Hernandez - Joker's Wild Match
Winners: Magnus & Mr. Anderson
(Unlike the first match, this was more so a sqauash match. Even though we had one guy from MEM and the other from Aces and Eights, this was a sqaush for them. People don't care for Hernandez and Bradley. I loved that Tazz was acting a fool during this match. I think this was a pointless match but it did have a purpose.)

Match#3: Kaz & Bobby Roode vs. Daniels & Austin Aries - Joker's Wild Match
Winners: Kaz & Bobby Roode
(Holy shit! This was the best match of the night. This had laughs, tears, and also drama. I think it is fitting that these men were the last of the joker's wild matches. This showcase the actual talent that's in TNA. Kaz and Daniels and Aries and Roode are good alone or as tag team champions. This was great because we don't see much of this in TNA because they want to put over old WWE talent. Aries did either trip on purpose or botched the ending. Either way, good way to end the match and tease a break up with the two teams.)

Match#4: Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell - For The #1 Contender for the TNA KO Title
Winner: Gail Kim
(Well people were marking out for this match. I wish I was doing the same. I was thinking that TNA had to do some innovative things in this match to show that WWE hires models. This was not a good match. I say that because I can see why women don't do hardcore matches. Was this a good match? Not to me. Most people think this was but I kept thinking someone is going to get hurt. Both these women are barely 150 lbs. I kept thiking someone might sprain an ankle or worse. People are entitled to their opinions about this match. Not the best thing I have seen but better than a three minute WWE diva match. )

Main Event: AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Magnus vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Kaz vs. Bobby Roode - BFG Series Match
Winner: Magus - 25 pts.
(Since when does a gauntlet match start with a battle royal rules? I was trying to understand why this was going on. WWE have matches with more than six men with a pin or submission. This was getting weird to me. I think it was funnier that the eliminations were unique. How in the hell does Anderson and Magnus do a double elimination? I think the ending was the best thing I could have seen in TNA in years. Bobby Roode vs. Magnus. Good match at the end. Bobby Roode lost this match but will get some points back in the long run. Best ending but this wasn't the end of the show.) 

After The Main Event: Hulk Hogan announces that Chris Sabin will cash in his title for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Aces & Eights interrupt. Main Event Mafia come out and they introduce Rampage Jackson as the newest member.
(They should have ended the show with the match. This was so pointless. I think Rampage is going to turn on MEM and join Aces and Eights. Also think having a PPV on TV is a joke. Time to end the blog. )

Final Thoughts: I am so fucking pissed that Destination X is no longer a PPV. You mean to tell me that TNA is going to do what WWE/F use to do when I was a kid which was have four main PPVs. So that means no more PPVs other their top four. What the fuck is that going to do for fans? Also why is it a big deal with Rampage joining MEM? I already said this is a serve. As for the other matches, well at least we got to see some good and some bad. See you all for WWE Smackdown tomorrow night.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment