7/22/13

WWE Raw Review 7/22/13

Note: After the disappointment of seeing and reviewing last week's WWE Smackdown, I am eager to see this show. I want to see Cena and Daniel Bryan face off. I want to see the return of Big Show. I want to see the drama with Vince, Steph, and Triple H. I basically want to see something that was not fucked up. With that said, here's WWE Raw............

Opening Segment: Cena and Bryan signed the match for SummerSlam. Brad Maddox puts Daniel Bryan in a gauntlet match for the main event to prove to him that he deserves the WWE title shot.
(This was more for the kids that the adults. I changed channels. Boring as fuck.)


Match#1: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(At first, I was about to change channels but then I saw the bruise on Sheamus' thigh and wanted to see if this was going to be a different result. I loved that Sheamus fought with pain and intensity. I loved that ADR did not look weak in this match. The sickest thing I saw was the kick from ADR. I loved that this was not a SSDD match. The ending was out of nowhere. Thank you WWE for changing this match. ADR does need to be more aggressive. I just wished this was not the opening match.)


Match#2: Christian vs. Titus O'Neil
Winner: Christian
(This should have been the opening match. This was so SSDD for me. I saw this coming. Plus seeing PTP makes me think they could have done shit like this for Cryme Tyme. SSDD means moving the fuck on. )

Match#3: Darren Young vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(Unlike the above match, this was more interesting because Ziggler fucking made this a quick jobber match. Ziggler should still be WHC. He needs that title to show he is not a fucking joke. I think it was funny to see this match end then see AJ Lee and Big E. Langston come to mess with Ziggler. Best jobber match and better ending. )

Match#4: Fandango vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: Cody Rhodes
(I thought ADR's kick to Sheamus was sick. Cody pulled off the double disaster kick to Fandango and Sandow. Watching this match was boring until the sick kick. Also was interesting to see Sandow in the commentator table. This was boring but got better at the end. Cody is getting better and not being someone's bitch. )

- Back from a break and out comes CM Punk. He talks about the attack from Brock Lesnar last week. Punk talks about how big of a monster Lesnar is and mentions his UFC days. Punk declares that he is not afraid of Brock Lesnar. He is not afraid of Paul Heyman's monster. Punk wants to talk about Heyman now. He says Heyman made the wrong decision and he's going to make him pay for it now. Punk isn't going to stop until Lesnar is gone. He says this is his ring. Punk promises to get his hands on Heyman and make him pay. Punk wants Lesnar at SummerSlam - The Best vs. The Beast. Heyman comes on the big screen and repeats the tagline. He likes it. Heyman goes on and rips the Texas fans. He's live via satellite and apparently has Brock off to the side with him. Heyman talks about what kind of shape Brock is in and says Punk is beat up. Heyman says if Punk wants a fight, he's got it. Heyman accepts the challenge. Heyman praises Lesnar some more. Fans chant for Punk to end the segment.

Match#5: Rob Van Dam vs. Wade Barrett
Winner: Rob Van Dam
(It was so sad to see Barrett job to RVD. I say that because he was geared to be WHC but is now jobbing and being put off shows and PPVs. Wade Barrett is like Drew McIntyre. Both men are failures in WWE. Seeing this match was like laughing at what happens to guys. RVD is top mid card/lower main event. This was a clinic because RVD was moving fluidly while Barrett looked slow as hell. )

Main Event - Gauntlet Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Daniel Bryan

Main Event - Gauntlet Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro
Winner: Daniel Bryan

Main Event - Gauntlet Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Ryback
Winner: Daniel Bryan by DQ
(So out of these three matches, the middle match was the best fucking thing on TV. Swagger barely has a job because of his real life drama. So I expected the match to be short but shit, five minutes? My god that was shorter than seeing the divas do anything aside from talk. As for Bryan vs. Cesaro, my god that was the best fucking match to see on Raw. I cannot believe this match lasted past 11pm. Cesaro needs more matches like that and less bullshit with his shitty gimmicks. I was pissed to see the last guy was Ryback. Basically, WWE has run out of shit to do with Ryback. So put him in a match with no explaination. The ending would have been better if Bryan won clean. Seeing Cena pissed me off even more. I did love seeing Vince tug the strings of Maddox.)

Final Thoughts: Well my god......I never though I would see such a crazy and exciting ending to Raw. Usually, the ending is the best but this was epic. Daniel Bryan is my second favorite wrestler. CM Punk is my first. I am not a apart of the IWC. I loved these men before WWE made them superstars. I love the drama with Triple H, Steph, and Vince messing with Brad Maddox. I guess WWE Raw will have to be better as we get close to Summmer Slam in L.A. What kills me is that we got to see Daniel Bryan in his best match but Cody Rhodes, Antonio Cesaro, and even Ziggler showed up to play tonight. I guess this won't be seen on Smackdown but I could be wrong. See you all for TNA Impact. That show might be interesting.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment