7/18/13

TNA Impact Review 7/18/13

Note: I don't like the fact that TNA is shortening their PPVs and putting them on TV. I guess I am from the WWE school of matches for PPVs. I think it is going to be interesting to see how this will play out. Sometimes it is better to see matches on TV before the PPVs. Well TNA is going to do this, I just hope this is a good investment to see this on TV. Plus I really think TNA can do more for less. Here's TNA Impact.......

Match#1: Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries - BFG Series Match
Winner:  Austin Aries - 7 pts.
(I find this funny to say that these men are the best talent they got. I watched this match and was shocked that this was a good match that was put first. BFG Series will be the PPV that makes TNA relevant. Aries is the TNA version of CM Punk. Roode is the HBK of TNA. This was a good match. No fuck ups and no messed up endings. Aries won and I am happy about that. Roode is losing on purpose. I will see him jump in points soon. Thank you TNA for that. )

Match#2: Homicide vs. Petey Williams vs. Sonjay Dutt - Qualifying Match to Determine the X-Division Champion
Winner: Sonjay Dutt
(I love the X-Division in TNA. I love seeing faster paced matches. I really did enjoy seeing these guys go for the title opportunity. I have not seen Homicide in a while. I hope him, Hernandez and Chavo form a new version of LAX. I actually like that faction/group. Petey Williams is a personal favorite because he is from Ontario Canada. So I love my neighbors to the north. I did not care who won I got to see something crazy. I never though I would see so many close pins. Again, thank you TNA. )

Match#3: Chavo Guerrero vs. Kenny King vs. Manik - Qualifying Match to Determine the X-Division Champion 
Winner: Manik
(Chavo can still go. I love that he is getting better opportunities in TNA. I also love that Mike Tenay mention his titles in WWE. Kenny King was my boy because he was the pimp of the TNA X Division. No comment on Manik because he should be still called Suicide. This was another good match. I love that this match flowed because of Chavo. I wish I could have seen more. Especially from Kenny King and Manik. It seems like we saw more from Chavo. Moving on. )

Match#4: Rubix vs. Rockstar Spud vs. Greg Marasciulo - Qualifying Match for the X-Division Title
Winner: Greg Marasciulo
(Unlike the other matches, this was like the jobber match of the X Division. I did not care for it much because these guys are non-relevant. Sorry but this was when I got something to eat and get ready for the main event.)

Main Event: Chris Sabin vs. Bully Ray - TNA World Title Match
Winner and New World Champion: Chris Sabin
(I was stunned that Sabin pulled this shit off. I laughed because Sabin used the hammer to get the win. Thank you god, I don't have to see Bully Ray as champion for a while. I am speechless. Good job, TNA. )

Final Thoughts: I might have been wrong about having a PPV on TV. I think for the most part that this was the best Impact show of the year. I mean this was so good that I did not have to change channels or use cursing to describe how I felt. I guess I can move on for tonight. I think this work if TNA does it right. See you all for WWE Smackdown. 




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment