7/25/13

TNA Impact Review 7/25/13

Note: I admit that seeing a PPV on TV was not the best business decision I have ever seen from TNA. However, last week looked more so like the best thing on TV. I think most people assume that TNA is going out of business but it is not. I love that TNA is traveling all over the country and the world. So for now, TNA is going strong and trying to be a real threat to WWE. Here's TNA Impact..........

Match#1: Sonjay Dutt vs. Manik vs. Greg Marasciulo - Ultimate X Match for the X-Division Title
Winner: Manik - New X-Division Champion
(On paper, this was nothing to care about. I barely know these guys except for Manik/Suicide. So once the bell rang, my opinion was changed. WWE fucked up by letting go of their cruiserweights. I loved that this was good to see but I hated that it was the first match on the fucking card. Title matches are not first, their are last. TNA and WWE needs to put value on the titles not fucking men. Seeing the ring and the setup was one reason why TNA was more progressive. The ending was fucking awesome. Seeing Manik/Suicide win was epic. I know he is Manik but I know him as Suicide. Thank you TNA. )

Match#2: Hernandez vs. Mr. Anderson - BFG Series Match
Winner: Mr. Anderson - 7pts.
(At first, I wanted to believe that this was going to be a good match. I looked at this seeing that Aces and Eights would not gain anymore leverage in this series. You know, it is funny to see a match and see something that could be great or shitty. This was a shitty match. I say that because Anderson is not a great wrestler but he can have great matches. As for Hernandez, well he is a big luchador. I guess I was not into this match but it was not as bad as some of the matches in TNA.)

Match#3: Gail Kim vs. Mickie James - TNA KO Title Match
Winner: Mickie James
(Usually, I would love to see a good women's match. I am not saying this was not good. This was classic. We all know that TNA hire old WWE wrestlers but this is a case of something WWE lacks or neglects. Seeing this match was like seeing heaven and bliss. These women can go. We all know the history with Gail Kim and Mickie James and this could be another epic match. Thank you TNA for seeing something special with these women. WWE needs to do more.)

Match#4: Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe - BFG Series Match
Winner: Christopher Daniels - 7 pts.
(This was another classic match with TNA originals. I was actually happy to see this go for as long as it did and end cleanly. I love that TNA sees more than what WWE doesn't. I think it is sad to say that TNA is like WCW but most times it is. If that's true, this is like watching classic WCW matches. Good match to see again and good way to end the match. Love seeing Daniels and Samoa Joe do some work.)

Main Event: AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy - BFG Series Match
Winner: AJ Styles - 10 pts.
(I will stick to my pick of seeing AJ Styles win the title again. This whole dark image bullshit will be over. I don't have much to say about Hardy because he is like Hogan, Sting, and Bully Ray.....getting old. Styles is TNA. This was probably a glorified jobber match. Why? It is because Hardy is not the same man and he is getting older and slower. Plus seeing him now, makes me think he is a jobber to other guys. Thank god this ended with a submission. )

Final Thoughts: I will admit that this was a good show. I still have my issues with a title match to start the show. To me titles are the main event not fucking popularity matches. TNA still have smaller and lighter guys wrestling. Unlike WWE, TNA should cherish the cruiserweights. The other matches were good to keep people watching. I love TNA but it is hard to like it some weeks. I guess this was a good week to love the underdog. Time to go to bed and gear up for WWE Smackdown. I hope that will be great.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment