7/15/13

WWE Raw Review 7/15/13

Note: This should be an interesting show tonight. I say that because even though the PPV last night was not great it did have some questions that need to be answered. I mean even though there is no brand seperation, both champions will be watching their backs because guys will cash that MITB contract at anytime. Add to that the other potential matches that could be on the SummerSlam PPV, this might be the best PPV of the summer. So let's see how the first night under new management will go. Here's WWE Raw...

Opening Segment: Brad Maddox, the new Raw GM comes to the ring. He speaks about change when John Cena comes out to boos. Brad Maddox tells Cena that he has the option to choose his opponent for SummerSlam. Randy Orton comes out to scare Cena. Fandango challenges Cena. RKO takes out Fandango. Setup for the opening match.
(I was going to say this was the best opening of the show but seeing Cena pissed me off. Also seeing RKO was upsetting me as well but I think he is back to being the heel we love and admire. Fandago was pointless to me but it did setup the opening match. So far so good with WWE.)

Match#1: Fandango vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton
(I actually had a smile of my face because RKO was beating the shit out of Vince's dance boy. I think this was the only time I loved RKO doing something right with his character. This was so much more than a jobber match for RKO but a beatdown. So WWE, got it right this time. Thank you for this gem. )

Match#2: Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio - WHC Title Rematch
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(So Dolph and AJ are over? Thank you god. Ziggler is going to be the new face of Smackdown. He will be WHC again soon. No more AJ holding him down. Even though, it was funny to see the jilted AJ come back to us. I did not care for the match because this was going to setup something more. Alberto Del Rio is boring as champion. Heel or face, he is boring most of the time. Big E. Langston also turned on Ziggler which will setup the feud with him and Ziggler. I want to see this match.)

Match#3: Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger vs. The Usos - Raw Interactive Match
Winners: The Usos
(This was so fucking boring. Thank god this ended rather quickly. Even my own mother, who rarely watches WWE Raw said to that the match was boring and she was nodding off. Thank you WWE for this bland mess.)

Match#4: Christian vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Christian
(This was out of nowhere. Christian was jobbing before the PPV and got this upset win for some good reason. I wish I knew what that reason was. This was not a quick match but it was quicker that seeing the above match. As weird as the ending was to see, the best thing was seeing the end of Rhodes Scholars. No more bromance for Cody Rhodes and Sandow. Sandow screwed Cody of the the MITB contract. Best ending of a tag team ever.)

Match#5: Naomi vs. Brie Bella
Winner: Naomi
(Where to begin with this match? First of all, seeing this match would have made me want to see women wrestle. This was not a wrestling match. This was more so a flopping match. All I saw was flopping around. This was a huge FAP match. I mean at one point, Naomi used her butt as a move. Cole called it The Real View. If a woman used her butt as a weapon, my animalistic train of mind would basically try hump her. The ending was crappy. All this match did was to setup the shitty show for the divas.)

Match#6: Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Rob Van Dam
(Best fucking match ever seen on Raw. This was two guys who are older but still can wrestle. No bullshit! I mean this was so good that I wished this was the main event. I think people who think TNA wasted talent just got shit on their face. Ric Flair was used more when he came back to WWE. Same with Mick Foley. Rob Van Dam basically showed TNA that he is not a jobber. Chris Jericho is still the man for not only going move for move with RVD but showing why he was champion. )

Main Event: John Cena comes out to pick his SummerSlam opponent. After joking around, he picks Damien Sandow
(IWC just had a collective heart attack. This should be a good match but this match comes with a shitty catch. This match will also be a part of the shitty diva show featuring the Bellas. For those who don't know, both ladies are dating Cena and Bryan. May god have mercy on us for this match and the shitty diva acting.)

Final Thoughts: I came to the realization that WWE PPVs might be average at best but the WWE Raw show after the PPV is better than the PPV. We saw that for Wrestlemania, Payback, and one other. This show was more tense than ever. I didn't mention it but since I focus on matches not in ring drama unless it is important. We saw The Wyatt Family destroy R-Truth. We also saw the epic confrontation with Paul Heyman, CM Punk and Brock Lesnar. The best thing of the night was seeing Mark Henry get powerbombed by The Shield. That gave the best crowd reaction. This was another good show. Why is that? I love that WWE is trying to outdo their PPV shows with good TV. I guess we will see how TNA will do a PPV show on cable TV this Thursday. So see you all for TNA Destination X on TV not PPV.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment