7/19/13

WWE Smackdown Review 7/19/13

Note: After seeing a god quality PPV on free TV, I think it is fitting that this show will give us some shit we need to laugh at. I just hope that WWE does not fuck up because we all know that WWE Smackdown is not the show it use to be. I wish it was because I love the fact that we got to see different action on different shows. Also one more thing, please explain to me why am I seeing bullshit on WWE TV about how good they do during head to head with other shows. It's summer! Wait until football, hockey, and basketball to start up. Here's WWE Smackdown.

Opening Segment: SmackDown kicks off with Teddy Long in the ring. He announces that Vince McMahon will be giving him a job evaluation. Booker T comes out and says he would be resuming the General Manager position. Out comes Vince McMahon. McMahon says that only one person can be in charge, and he asks what do they have to offer. Teddy announces Curtis Axel vs. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Title. Booker announced Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton. Later on, Vince makes Vickie Guerrero the new Smackdown GM.
(No comment. I am sorry but this whole fucking thing was bullshit. I am calling bullshit.)

Match#1: Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(This would have been a jobber match for Ziggler. However, most of the match was not feeling like a jobber match. This actually was good for the most part. I guess it is time to see Ziggler be the face he can be. As for Jack Swagger, well I think he needs to be fine tuned to be a wrestler without a mouthpiece. I think I could see this match again. As for seeing AJ Lee and Big E backstage, well that could have been saved for the WWE App or something else. I love AJ Lee but seeing her have a temper tantrum was overkill for me. )

Match#2: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. The Usos
Winners: No Contest
(I am so pissed that this did not start. I would love to have seen this match go for a long time. The Usos are not ready to be champs but ready to be in the main event for the tag titles. I do believe in The Shield. As for Mark Henry coming out, well that was a good thing but if he becomes a heel, that would piss me off. )

Match#3: Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(On paper, this looked weak. However, I think this was a good match because DB and Barrett are guys that can put on a good match. This was more so a clinic because both these guys can do some cool shit on TV. I hated how Barrett was IC champ but fucked over. Barrett is a WHC contender. DB is good but I think it is bullshit that DB vs. Cena will not be a clean match. This match was good to see. Hopefully, I get to see a match like this soon. )

Match#4: Curtis Axel vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Curtis Axel
(I love how Y2J can make a young talent look good. I loved this match because it shows that Axel is getting better. Also Y2J should have had a rematch with RVD on Smackdown. That was a good match. This was more so ok but good enough to keep my attention. I guess it is fitting that we got to see this match because it is good thing for Y2J to help Axel. Ryback coming out was pointless. I hope to not see another Y2J/Ryback match. Ryback lost his heat with the fans. This is getting boring and repetitive.)

Match#5: Rob Van Dam vs. Darren Young
Winner: RVD
(I just think RVD just showed me some new tricks. I loved that PTP was clueless to the myth of RVD. I never though I would see RVD do a jobber match but this was funny as fuck. RVD was for one night: Mr. Friday Night. This was basically a clinic. RVD did everything from shut both guys up but we got to see some old school moves from RVD. Good match to see on Smackdown. )

Main Event: Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio - Non Title Match
Winner: Randy Orton
(This was the most blandest main event I have ever seen on Smackdown. I think without RR with ADR, it is more generic. Add to that RKO is not being the heel we all want him to be. I think this was so bad that I really wished to see the end. Time to end this...... )

Final Thoughts: Well this was not the best Smackdown I have ever seen. I am so tired of seeing some good matches but a lot of SSDD. I mean it is bad when we see the ending go long but the matches in the middle go for like five to ten minutes. Plus I forget that WWE edits the fuck out of WWE Smackdown. My god this was bad. Off to bed. See you all for WWE Raw. I am so disappointed with this show.


Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment