7/14/13

WWE Money In The Bank PPV 7/14/13

Note: Well as I get ready to watch this PPV, I am trying to lower my bar of expectation for WWE PPV. I say that because I grew up on WWE PPVs either being the best of the best or shitty and horrible. I want to drink the kool-aid and accept the PG bullshit of WWE but my heart is still hardcore and need to see more action not bullshit. So I am trying to see if this PPV will satisfy my need for violence. Here's WWE Money In The Bank PPV.

Pre-Show/Match#1: The Usos vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns of The Shield - WWE Tag Team Title Match
Winner: Rollins and Reigns of The Shield
(This should have been on the actual PPV. Why was this designated the pre-show match? There was no Miz or Sheamus. This showed the younger talent can make a difference in the company. I love every second of this match. Reigns is a beast and Rollins is good. I will even say that the Usos were better that normal. Holy shit, I loved this match but pissed this was not in the PPV. Sorry to say this but the match with Ryback and Y2J should have been the pre-show match.)

Match#2: Dean Ambrose vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Damien Sandow vs. Fandango vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett - World Heavyweight Championship Title MITB Match
Winner: Damien Sandow
(Well I came into this match with very low expectations. I figured that this was going to be the shittest MITB match ever. I was so close to being right. This match had everything. I think this was going to be bad but it was ok. I did not expect Sandow to win. I didn't think Sandow would turn on his friend. Cody Rhodes will become face or go away for a while. The other guys will end up with shitty storylines and also fucked up matches except Dean Ambrose. )

Match#3: Curtis Axel vs. The Miz - IC Title Match
Winner: Curtis Axel
(I wish this was not as boring as I saw it as. My god, I think it is because The Miz is a joke. He was the man in 2010 but three years later, he's jobbing to kids. This was more for the kids than the adults. This was like watching a Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage match in the 1980's in old WWF for the IC title except those men made the title matter and count. This match was filler for the next match. )

Match#4: AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn - WWE Divas Title Match
Winner: AJ Lee
(I find it sad that WWE is scared to make the Divas title a joke. I find it sadder to see these women who can wrestle have to depend on their mic skills. This was not the match we all wanted especially after seeing TNA's version of the #1 contender for their women's title. WWE fans need to see more from the Divas. Time to end the fucking bullshit with the models and time to put the effort to change the divsion for the better. No more sexy matches but more hardcore matches.)

Match#5: Ryback vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Ryback
(This was fucking boring as fuck. I was going to end it with that but since when does Ryback use a quick pin. This should have been on the pre-show. This was so fucking boring. Thank god I did not pay for this match. Moving on.......)

Match#6: Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio - World Heavyweight Championship Title Match
Winner: Alberto Del Rio by DQ
(So AJ screwed Ziggler out of the title? Why? We all know that ADR is not the best champion but why make him look more heelish. I am going to assume that this was the setup to seeing the end of AJ Lee and Ziggler. This might also setup the feud with Big E. Langston and Ziggler. As for ADR, well I hope he dumps Ricardo and feud with him soon. This was a good thing for some fans and also bad news for the rest of us. )

Match#7: John Cena vs. Mark Henry - WWE Title Match
Winner: John Cena
(SSDD from Vince and Cena. This was so textbook that I really think that people need to write a book of all the ways that Cena kicks out at 2 then wins with a AA/FU or STFU. The memes aren't doing enough. I feel sorry for Henry because he should have at least hold the title long enough to win all the belts in WWE. Time for the last match. Thank god this was not the end.)

Main Event: Rob Van Dam vs. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian - WWE Championship Title Money In The Bank Match
Winner: Randy Orton
(WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? RKO wins this for what reason? Getting divorced gives you a title shot? I guess Cena and Orton is getting what they want from Vince. I need to address one thing that was cool to see Rob Van Dam but for what purpose. Rob Van Dam should have either won this match or at least make some effort. I love seeing the bumps and moves but needed more. So I guess I will end the review now.....)

Final Thoughts: I lowered my expectations of this PPV. I tried to give this PPV some benefit of the doubt. I am trying to be objective of this PPV. I am sorry but this was suppose to set up things for SummerSlam. What did this setup? Cena/Orton again? A lot of mid card matches? RVD jobbing to Curtis Axel? Basically, SSDD in a different form. I am trying to understand the logic of WWE because aside from the WWE title, what's the point of the other titles? Vince hates WCW/NWA/ECW with a passion he either killed them or shits on their titles and history. I am off to bed because WWE Raw will be interesting.








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment