7/8/13

WWE Raw Review 7/8/13

Note: Well WWE Raw has been on a streak of having good shows. I think it is weird to say that because WWE Raw usually sucks with the three hour format. Most people in the IWC or general fans want two hours again. Others like myself want to see WWE Smackdown on USA Network because being on Syfy makes no sense to people that watch the station for sci-fi movies. So with all that said, this will be the fourth week of possibly seeing a good show from WWE. I am hoping to see something that will make me not forget it. Here's WWE Raw.

Opening Segment: Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox come out to announce her job evaluation and also give us the matches for tonight. Jerry Lawler interrupts her by saying something about using the WWE app to vote if Vickie pass or fail as temporary GM.
(This was the funniest segment of WWE Raw because Vickie was trying too hard to keep her job. Jerry Lawler made the best joke of the night because he got to say Excuse Me!!!!! Wow, I think this is the sign of a good show. I hope so. )

Match#1: Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(This is how you start a show. No championship. No bullshit. Showcasing the man who is going to be the favorite to win at the PPV is how you start a fucking show. This made my night so far because Bryan worked Sheamus. Thank you WWE for thinking this through because if a title match started the show, I would have been pissed.)

Match#2: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Brodus Clay and Tensai
Winners: Roman and Reigns
(I will say that this was interesting because this did make up for all the shit matches with Brodus and Tensai. I will not call them by the name WWE gave them. I find it insulting to both men. This was a good match. Seeing the ending was great because I did not think Reigns could pull it off. I was wrong. #believeintheshield........)

Match#3: Curtis Axel vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Chris Jericho
(I will say that this was a good warm up match for Y2J. I will also say that this was not a bad match because it did make both men look good before the PPV. Moving on. )

Match#4: Sin Cara vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: No Contest
(The only reason why I watch this match was to see Ziggler come to fuck with Del Rio. Other than that, I have seen this match one too many times. Boring match but thank god for Ziggler to come out to get into the head of Del Rio. )

Special Event: Vickie Guerrero's job evaluation as managing supervisor of WWE Raw.
WWE App Voting Results: 75% Fail and 25% Pass
McMahon Family Votes: Vince - Yes, Triple H - No, Steph - No
Final Result: Vickie Guerrero was fired. Brad Maddox was hired as new GM of WWE Raw.
(Ok, this is the real beginning of the new power trip for the first family of the WWE. Vince is the heel. Triple H is the face. Stephanie is the middle ground. The app shit was stupid but it did serve the purpose of helping the decision to be made. Basically, this was both comedic and serious. Triple H basically hated all the kiss ass that Vince had in. Vince hated that Triple H does not agree. Stephanie is stuck in the middle. Vince did make the decision of putting Brad Maddox as new GM. This was a what the fuck moment. Seriously? Just go back to William Regal or even Paul Heyman. Brad Maddox will be fired in less than a month. However, the family power struggle will be the focus for WM 30. )

Match#5: Kane vs. Christian
Winner: Kane
After The Match: The Wyatt Family debuts and attacks Kane
(Well this was actually a good match. I loved that Kane is getting some PPV exposure. We all know that he might want to retire but I think it is better he is still around for a couple more years. Christian did put up a good fight with Kane. As for seeing the premier of the Wyatt family, well they picked the wrong superstar to fight. If Kane is still a face after this, something is wrong. We need to see Kane go back to being a red terror. The crowd was chanting Husky Harris. The crowd hates when WWE change people. )

Match#6: AJ Lee and Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn and Layla
Winners: No Contest
(I didn't care to see if this would end with a winner. I got to see my favorite women fight. I don't know why the Bellas were there at ringside. They are nothing but shitty wrestlers and dumb women. They are only in WWE again because their boyfriends wanted them back. I got to see Kaitlyn beat up AJ. I got to see Kaitlyn spear the fuck out of AJ Lee. This was a catfight. Thank you WWE. )

Main Event: CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
Winner: CM Punk
(This was a dream match. We have seen this before for the WHC title. I wanted to see this match again because these men can make this a good main event. This was more entertaining than seeing the bullshit with ADR and Cena. This is how you end the show. Seeing Daniel Bryan come out to beat up both CM Punk and RKO was symbolic. This is the image people with see before the PPV. The best ending ever on WWE Raw in a short while. )


Final Thoughts: Well this was the fourth best WWE Raw of this year. We have seen a good build up for the PPV this weekend. We will see more on WWE Smackdown but then again, we will see the jobber version of the MITB match for Smackdown. So until then, I will see you all for TNA Impact. Time to go to sleep and hope for more good things from WWE. Good night all.........









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment