7/29/13

WWE Raw Review 7/29/13

Note: Well it is time to gear up for a week of possibly good wrestling. I normally don't be so happy and cheerful about WWE or TNA shows but I just think that both shows need to do something before NFL comes back to take a chunk of their fans. I am a wrestling fan but I think sometimes WWE is still stuck in the past and don't think people will stop watching wrestling when NFL starts. So let's hope this show keeps fans tuned into WWE. Here's WWE Raw.

Opening Segment: Daniel Bryan and Vince McMahon comes to the ring. They talk about lst week and Vince plans the seeds to messing with both Bryan and Cena.
(Why does this look familar to me? I guess it is because this is how the loved attitude era would set up PPV matches. Vince doesn't hate Cena but on TV he does. We all know that the match with Cena/Bryan is going to be good but this will also be a shitty match because we all know Cena is not going to lose. Moving on......)

Match#1: The Shield vs. The Usos and Mark Henry
Winner: The Shield
(I never cheered so hard for heels in my life. This was a match where I wished it was over before it started. I think Mark Henry as a face is bullshit. This is what happens when you get beat by Cena, you go back to being a jobber or mid card for life. I am going to move on from this. I got nothing else.)

Match#2: Rob Van Dam vs. Fandango
Winner: RVD by Count Out
(What the fuck? Really? RVD comes back to WWE in a good PPV match but is thrown back into the mid card like a stepchild. My god, what's the point of having RVD back in WWE? No comment on Fandango because that ship is about to sink quickly. )

Match#3: Kaitlyn vs. AJ Lee - Non Title Match
Winner: Kaitlyn
(I think this makes up for the two shitty matches from earlier. I know this is a non title match and that this going to be short but then again, I love these women in the ring right now. I find it sad that these women aren't featured in the shitty WWE diva show on E! I guess they want to be seen as wrestlers not fucking divas. Good match and love the feud.)

Match#4: Dolph Ziggler vs. Big E Langston
Winner: Dolph Ziggler by DQ
(I am so glad that this feud has started. This is a true test to see how Big E. can handle being in the main event and Ziggler's return to the title picture. I think I am more excited to see this than most matches setup for SummerSlam. Good job with the ending and love that AJ is going to be involved in the match. )

Match#5: Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Non Title Match
Winner: Christian
(This is setting up their match for the WHC title. Nothing else needs to be said about this match. Anything is better than seeing ADR as a heel champion. )

Match#6: Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett
Winner: Cody Rhodes
(This was boring as fuck. Moving on.)

Match#7: Daniel Bryan vs. Kane
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(I loved this match so much. I though it was going to be quick and shitty but Kane and DB can make a good match work. Kane was back to being his normal character. DB was all over the place. Seeing guys that are friends in the ring makes the match better to watch because it is easier to watch the match and not see any mistakes. I was hoping to see Kane and DB hug but what we got was better to see. As for the Wyatt Family attacking Kane, well this will setup a possible heel turn for Kane. I am ok with that.)

Match#8: Brie Bella vs. Natalya
Winner: Brie Bella
(So the diva show is going to setup matches for the divas now? I am ok with that. I think it is good to have the divas show for something. That's all I can say about the divas show. I hate that Nattie is basically being fucked over in the WWE. She should have been champion by now. She is not a joke. Also Nattie, is not fucking a wrestler. I hate the Bellas with a passion. Two bitches come back and think they are the shit. They are not. I hated this match and hated the ending. Really? WTF!)

Match#9: Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth - Non Title Match
Winner: Curtis Axel
(The best part of this match was the ending with CM Punk coming out to attack Heyman and also Axel. Now that we got to see the beginning of the epic feud with Heyman/Punk/Lesnar, it is going to be interesting to see them make a good story out of this feud. CM Punk is a good wrestler. )

Main Event: John Cena vs. Ryback - Non Title Tables Match
Winner: John Cena
(SSDD. Cena sucks. Ryback sucks. This was so bad that I was watching the news. I actually was happy to see this end. Why? It is because Cena sucks. Time to end the review. )


Final Thoughts: Before I started watching this show, someone informs me that this was taped. WHAT THE FUCK! Why did WWE tape a Raw show? Are they going overseas? Also why did this feel like watching WWE Smackdown? Shitty edits, bad audio, and fake crowd sounds really made this show barely average. If Bret Hart watched this show, he might have said his epic 4/10 line. So I guess WWE wanted to do like back in the day with taped Raw. I was waiting for someone to spoil it but I spoiled it for myself during the show. See you all for TNA Impact, I know that will be taped.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment