7/6/13

WWE Smackdown Review 7/5/13

Note: After the shit I saw on TNA last night, I hope WWE Smackdown will end this week with something better than redoing a title match. I am happy to see CM Punk come back to Smackdown after so many years. Also want to see if we can avoid SSDD matches from WWE Raw. I hate seeing the same match over and over unless there is something in stake. Hopefully, we will see something memorable. Here's WWE Smackdown.

Opening Segment: CM Punk graces us with his presence. He was interrupted by Alberto Del Rio. Teddy Long makes a match for the main event of CM Punk and ADR.
(I love seeing CM Punk make a rare appearance on Smackdown. Unlike Cena, at least we will get a good promo and also a good story. ADR is without RR because he will be out for a month for failing a wellness poilcy test. Seeing ADR without RR is good because he can stand on his own. Also we hope that ADR as a heel can run without a lackey. )

Match#1: The Usos vs. Rhodes Scholars
Winners: The Usos
(This was boring. I am not a fan of either team. At least seeing The Shield was the high point of this segment/match. They made it clear that they will keep the tag titles against The Usos and Deam Ambrose will with the MITB match for Smackdown.)

Match#2: Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn
Winner: Alicia Fox
(Well I saw this match on WWE Raw. Unlike last time, Alicia won because AJ Lee came in to distract Kaitlyn. We actually got to see something different. I loved that we are getting more action from the divas division but we need to go back to the women's title. This was more watchable than on WWE Raw. )

Match#3: Randy Orton vs. Christian
Winner: RKO
(I was on the fence about this match. This was a good match but I think it is fucking sad that we can't get RKO as a heel and we cannot see Christian get out of Edge's shadow. This could have been better if this was a longer match or was worth something. Still a good match regardless.)

Match#4: Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(Why is Ziggler doing jobber matches? He is finally in the main event but is gearing up for it. Why? Is he still showing effects of the concussion he suffered? This was pointless to me but then again, some aspects of wrestling are lost to me. Either way, good match from Ziggler.)

Match#5: Fandango vs. Justin Gabriel
Winner: Fandango
(Why? This was pointless. Time to get to the end of the show.)

Main Event: Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk
Winner: Double Count Out
(You mean to tell me that you get CM Punk on Smackdown for his match to end like this. What the fuck? I know that Vince favors Cena but why is CM Punk in a shitty storyline right now. Also, since when does ADR get to book his own matches? I am so pissed that this ended the way it did. )

Final Thoughts: Well most of these matches will be done again on WWE Raw. I don't care about that. I was pissed to see CM Punk make a good promo but his match was shitty. I am trying to make a point that it is time to go back to the brand extension and keep shit seperate. No more people jumping from show to show. Seeing that some people don't work on Tuesdays, it is easier to keep the roster seperate until the PPVs. I also think it is time for Vince to stop showing favortism. See you all for WWE Raw.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment