11/1/13

WWE Smackdown Review 11/1/13

Note: I am going to start going back to the seperation of Raw and Smackdown. I am going to do that because it is easier to write the reviews with the mentality of seperation. In addition to that, seeing that John Cena is the new WHC and with Cena back in WWE, people will boo him and cheer him. I was happier with ADR as champion because at least people hated him no matter what. So tonight's show looks weak and very light. I hope I am wrong and this might be a good show. Here's WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: The Shield (Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose) vs. The Usos
Winners: The Usos
(This was better when the tag titles were in the picture. This match as it is now was very tame and lackluster. I think it is fitting that as I am watching this match, the fact that I know we could see the end of The Shield is saddening. I think this was the best faction in the last few years. All these guys are champions in the making. What's sad is that WWE will not let any of these guys in the main event until someone wants them in the main event. I would love to see this match again for the titles but without the titles, it is boring at times.)

Match#2: Wyatt Family (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper) vs. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
(This was very boring. Moving on. )

Match#3: The Bella Twins and Natalya vs. AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka and Alicia Fox
Winners: The Bella Twins and Natalya
(BULLSHIT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THIS WAS BULLSHIT?!?!?!?!?!?! I was happy to see my two favorite women in the WWE. AJ Lee and Tamina does look good together. I was happy to see AJ Lee in any match. What pissed me off is how people were looking at the Bellas as the women to be. I think both of them look sickly and need to gain some real weight. This was a good match but the ending was bullshit.)

Main Event: John Cena, Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Damien Sandow, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro
Winners: John Cena, Cody Rhodes and Goldust
(No comment but it is time to end the review. )

Final Thoughts: Was it me, or was this show shorter than two hours of content. I mean the main event was stretched out into the last 30 minutes with commercials. So we officially start the Cenanation Era on Smackdown. I think it is funny that we bitch about Cena being the Hogan of this era of WWE programming. However, he is now relegated to being the second fiddle in the WWE. With the attention going to guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Randy Orton; it is funny to see Cena being on Smackdown with the tag team champs. Speaking of them, I think Goldust is like a lot of guys from the attitude era and hates Cena with a passion. This was a weak show. I think it is sad to have four matches but constantly talk about the other shows and PPVs. What I did realize was that this would have been Teddy Long's wet dream because all these matches were tag team matches. I never thought I would see this happen again. See you all for WWE Raw because that's where the real attention is going these days.








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment