11/14/13

TNA Impact Review 11/14/13

Note: So next week, we get another PPV show for free on Spike from TNA. I am not a fan of this because I was brought up old school with my PPVs on PPV not on cable or free TV. I know that TNA is losing money but putting on PPV on TV is not going to make you more money. I might not have a valid argument for this but I think it is sad for TNA to be doing this. So with that said, let's see what TNA does to make this a good week or a bad week in wrestling TV. Here's TNA Impact...

Opning Segment: Aces & 8s kick off the show with the stipulation between Mr. Anderson and Bully Ray, if Anderson loses he must leave TNA. If Ray loses, the group must break up.
(As much as that would make sense in a perfect world, I know that this match is not going to be good for TNA. We all know that if Aces and Eights disband then what will be the group to control TNA. Also I am not a fan of Bully Ray but this is too much like another setup for Aces and Eights to make fun of things. Seeing Anderson in the ring like he was did make me think he is better off in TNA. )

Match#1: Mr. Anderson vs. Knux
Winner: Mr. Anderson
(I would say this was a good match. It wasn't. I guess it was only because seeing Anderson in street clothes wrestling was a treat. Plus seeing Anderson take on someone that cannot wrestle was not fun at all. This did make the point that Anderson could beat Bully Ray but I know better. )

Match#2: Ethan Carter III vs. Norv Fernum and Dewey Barnes - 2 on 1 Handicap Match
Winner: Ethan Carter III
(This was so terrible to watch that I change channels as soon as the bell rang. Moving on. )

Match#3: Daniels vs. Joseph Park
Winner: Daniels
(This was funny as fuck to watch. Why? Because we all know Joseph Park is a joke. Also Daniels should have won this match in less that five second. This was a joke of a match. I think it was sad to even see this on TV. Strike two, TNA. )

Match#4: Gail Kim vs. Hannah Blossom
Winner: Gail Kim
(Every week, I say that Gail Kim is better off in TNA because she has had more opportunity to be better as a wrestler. As she was talking, I wish she had the same opportunity in WWE because Gail Kim vs. AJ Lee would be good for business. As for this match, I will admit that Gail Kim kind of had this in the bag. However, seeing one of the Blossom twins was good. I like the Blossom twins after seeing them on Youtube. Like I said, Gail Kim had this match. Hopefully we might see someone from TNA's past come out to challenge her. )

Main Event: Kurt Angle vs. Austin Aries - TNA Title Tournament/Submission Match
Winner: Kurt Angle
(Really? Really? As much as I like Austin Aries, this is a perfect match for Angle to win. I did not even watch all the match because this was a dead given that Angle was going to win this. Aries is not a submission expert. Angle is. This was basically a disappointing main event. Especially when you keep using the past to promote a dead horse. )

Final Thoughts: As I watch this show, I think TNA is trying to go one step above WWE with their oveload of social media. WWE has an app for their social media. TNA is using other sites to show their behind the scene. What's sad is the bullshit outside the ring was kind of better than the matches themselves. What's sad is that with TNA doing all this social media hype, it makes me not have to watch the show or want to know what's going ot happen. All I gotta do is follow Dixie Carter on Twitter or see the matches on Youtube. I think I will end this review with this question - Will TNA make it to 2014 or will we see another promotion rise and fall to WWE? See you all for WWE Smackdown.








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment