11/24/13

WWE Survivor Series PPV Review 11/24/13

Note: As a WWE fan, you are given four good PPVs during the year. As we get ready for the end of the year and the new year, Survivor Series is the PPV that gives fans a good alternative to watching football on Thanksgiving Day. I live in Detroit so usually Survivor Series is a perk before seeing the Detroit Lions lose or barely win on Turkey Day. Survivor Series is suppose to be the best PPV aside from Wrestlemania. This PPV seems like a very lackluster WWE Raw or WWE Smackdown. I hope I am wrong. Here's WWE Survivor Series PPV...

Pre-Show/Match#1: The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: The Miz
(I will admit that seeing The Miz as a face was not good for me as a fan. He is a good heel. He is a good actor. He isn't for kids. That's what Kofi is. A kid friendly character. I was happy to see Miz as a heel and hope he is going to be back in the main event picture. He can be a champion. He is the future of WWE. Plus he can do more than five moves. As for Kofi, he is the king of the mid card and won't be looking to get out anytime soon. )

Match#2: The Usos, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Rey Mysterio vs. The Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger) and The Shield - Traditional Survivor Series Match 5 on 5
Winner/Survivor: Roman Reigns
(Holy shit! This was what I was looking for with this PPV. Old school 5 on 5 match. This was like a 10 man tag on acid. All these guys should be comended for this epic match. The Usos should be in the tag team title picture. Cody and Goldust are at the best they can be and The Real Americans and The Shield are good. Roman Reigns in my chosen one. He will join his cousin The Rock as champion in the next 5 years. Holy shit, he was doing some crazy shit. Thank you guys for this match. )

Match#3: Big E. Langston vs. Curtis Axel - IC Title Match
Winner: Big E. Langston
(Usually, I don't care for rematch for titles but this was going to be a good rematch. I think it is fitting to see Big E. as a champion. He will be more than an IC title holder. He is going to be WHC someday. Axel has basically become like his father - irrelevent. This match serves as a lesson to all guys that you need to strive for more than mid card fame. )

Match#4: Total Divas Cast (Eva Marie, JoJo, Bella Twins, Natalya, Cameron and Naomi) vs. Non Total Divas (AJ Lee, Tamina, Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox, Aksana, Rosa Mendes and Summer Rae) - Traditional 7 on 7 Match
Winners/Survivors: Natalya and Nikki Bella
(As I was watching this match, I was wondering if WWE hates the women that work for them or if they could make this division more shittier than what it is now. So there are 14 women in the WWE that wrestle. Out of that number, maybe four can actually wrestle a good match. What made me happy was seeing AJ Lee and Tamina in this match. However, this was a female equivalent of a clusterfuck. I will also admit that all that naked ass was a good distraction. )

Match#5: Ryback vs. Mark Henry
Winner: Mark Henry
(Ryback was calling out people. What he got was the World's Strongest Man. However, the IWC was calling this man Rick Ross. Mark Henry shaved his dreadlocks and he does look like the rapper Rick Ross. This was basic and to the point. I miss seeing real heavyweight fight in the ring. I love Mark Henry but he is on my retirement list of guys who need to move on from wrestling. He will be good in the short run but after six months, move on Mark. As for Ryback, he is going to be in the mid card forever. )

Match#6: John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio - WHC Title Match
Winner: John Cena
(I will just speak my mind about this match because it is just going to be hard to be positive about this match. This was a homecoming for John Cena. Alberto Del Rio is just as boring but at least he is not as hated. The IWC hates him for many reason. I hate Cena for one - lack of change in his character. He and Kofi are basically characters for kids to idolize. Alberto Del Rio will be back in the title picture within the next few months. ADR is a shitty main eventer and Cena is truly a dick. This was so bad that I think people will forget that this match existed.  )

Match#7: The Best and the Beard (CM Punk and Daniel Bryan) vs. The Wyatt Family
Winners: The Best and the Beard (CM Punk and Daniel Bryan)
(Before I go into this match, I want to say to Zak Fellows, that his idol was back on WWE TV. People power was back in WWE PPV. Johnny Ace showed his face. This was the other best match of the night. I think it is sad that WWE thinks CM Punk or Daniel Bryan can't bring in buyrates for the PPVs. That's bullshit. What people want is to see change in the main event and also no more Super Cena. CM Punk is a main eventer. Daniel Bryan is a main eventer. This could have ended the PPV and people would have been happy. I know I change my mind about all three members of The Wyatt Family. Even though Bray Wyatt didn't wrestle, the other two guys did shut me up and change my mind that they can wrestle in the main event. Seperately they are mid carders, but together these men could be tag champs. Thank you WWE for this match but we need change in the main event. )

Main Event: Randy Orton vs. Big Show - WWE Title Match
Winner: Randy Orton
(Where to begin with this match? This was a flashback to 2005 or 2006. I think it is fitting that you got two guys who been in the WWE since before or after the Invasion angle. Orton and Big Show have been in title matches for years. Even though this time around the angles have changed. I was expecting Big Show to win the title and move on. I was hoping to see Triple H and Stephanie lose their minds. What we got was RKO going back to being the vicious man he was back in 2010 or 2011. We got to see the punt kick come back. We got to see RKO become a true heel. The match was a good match regardless but what was to come pissed off the entire IWC and bloggers like me. Earlier in the show, Cena and RKO had a stare off. As the PPV ended, we got to see another showdown with the WHC John Cena and the WWE Champ Randy Orton. Basically, Cena wasn't the main event but he was at the end of the show. Forgive me but WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO DO JOHN CENA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Time to end this review. )

Final Thoughts: As a kid, this show would basically have good and bad teams fighting to the last person. Lately, this has been a shitty blend of old school and mediocre TV. I loved the second and seventh matches because those matches had some hype and delivered. Rey Mysterio is not going to be the same person. I don't expect him to be good but he needs to retire ASAP. Roman Reigns is about to be a main eventer. The Wyatt Family is going to be a good faction and The Shield will end soon. I will admit to seeing AJ Lee and Tamina was good but the divas match was a clusterfuck. Even Michael Cole couldn't call this match right. I guess the WWE Raw show will be better tomorrow. See you all for WWE Raw.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment