11/22/13

WWE Smackdown Review 11/22/13

Note: Last night was so good that there was not a lot of bad things to say about TNA. That's a rare thing because usually TNA or WWE would do something during the week to make people stop watching. So with that said, we end the week of wrestling with WWE Smackdown. We did see some good things in WWE during WWE Raw but as we gear up to watch WWE Smackdown, I think it is funny that the PPV this weekend might be bad. With that said, let's watch WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust - Tag Team Title Match
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
(I made a point last night that the opening match should not be with a title match but a very good and very hyped match. This was not very hyped and very good. I only say that because I think Cesaro was better off as a singles wrestler and Swagger is basically a jobber with a right wing gimmick. So this was hard to watch because it is sad to see good wrestlers go to waste in WWE. As for Goldust and Cody Rhodes, for now this tag team will get through the year. However, I wanted these brothers to do what Owen and Bret Hart did so many years ago, see who is the better brother. Until then, this is a team that cannot be beaten. This match was not good but it was not shitty.)

Match#2: Ryback vs. The Great Khali
Winner: Ryback
(This can be summed up in one word - Boring. Moving on. )

Match#3: Cameron and Naomi vs. AJ Lee
Winners: Cameron and Naomi
(Vickie got her revenge for her shitty match with AJ Lee on WWE Raw. All I have to say is that I got to see AJ Lee and Tamina. Other than that, this was a waste of time for the Divas champ. More so pointless because we all know this was to help aid the cast of Total Divas. I say bullshit....Moving on. )

Match#4: The Usos and Rey Mysterio vs. The Shield
Winners: The Usos and Rey Mysterio
(All this match was a setup for their match this weekend. Plus we got to see Rey back in action. Too bad he will retire by next year. I don't have a lot to say because of the fact that this match was pointless in my opinion. Moving on. )

Match#5: Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston vs. Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow
Winners: Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston
(So who was the genius that said it was a good ideal to put Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston back together? I mean it was weird to see Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston acting like they are friends again. Since AJ Lee is not a face and Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston aren't heels, it is going to be weird to not see them together. This match was weird because not only Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston was together but seeing Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow was weirder. I did actually like this match but I know this will be done again on WWE Raw on Monday. )

Match#6: Prime Time Players vs. 3MB
Winners: Prime Time Players
(Well I am going to say this was boring. I am sorry but these guys are gimmicks fighting to be popular. Moving on to the end. )

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. Luke Harper
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(This was another match that was hyping up the PPV. I wanted to watch this just because of Daniel Bryan. However, my attention was gone at this point of the show. I did actually watch this match thoroughly. I guess it was hard to watch this match because Daniel Bryan had to carry this match. Other than that, I just wanted this show to end.)


Final Thoughts: Well I am going to say something funny but R-Truth was the best thing on TV tonight. Why? His funny as fuck skit during the WWE Shop segment was the best thing on TV. This was better than seeing AJ Lee. That's saying a lot. I will say this show was basically a repetition of the matches for this weekend's PPV. I think unlike TNA, WWE tends to assume their fans can't remember shit. I remember a lot. Especially with their lack of continuity. I just will say to you all that this weekend might have some classic Survivor Series matches but this is more plain than eating vanilla ice cream. So see you all for WWE Survivor Series PPV. By the way, who was the dumb shit to invite Michael Strahan to WWE Raw? Really?







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment