11/7/13

TNA Impact Review 11/7/13

Note: Well it is time to watch TNA Impact. I am sorry for the sarcasm but we are seeing stuff that we originally saw in WWE as of 2011. AJ Styles is doing the same thing that CM Punk did in 2011. There is no champion in TNA. However, there is a tournament that will crown a champion. So with that said, it is going to be hard to watch TNA without seeing the best storyline of WWE 2011. Here's TNA Impact...

Opening Segment: Sting, Magnus, Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle comes out. Sting announces that Main Event Mafia is done. Each guy talk about winning the title tournament. Kurt Angle is in the ring and out comes Bobby Roode. They brawl. After they brawl, Kaz and Daniels mess with Pacman Jones and other Bengal player. They brawl.
(This whole thing took close to 30 minutes to do. What made me happy was seeing the MEM break up. Why? Because we all know this was a feable attempt to keep Sting relevant. As you all know, I want Sting to retire like Hogan did. So as I am watching this, all I kept thinking was when will this be over. I like seeing Angle and Roode fight. I like seeing Kaz and Daniels. When the football players got involved, I wanted to change channels. Really TNA? )

Match#1: ODB vs. Velvet Sky vs. Brooke
Winner: No Contest
(This should have been a good KO match. I am going to say that it is fucking funny that the match ended like it did because TNA is running out of women to wrestle in the company. Gail Kim did make a point to make that she is the first KO champion and she needs real competition. That could setup someone who has left WWE and could come into TNA to be KO champion. )

Match#2: Ethan Carter III vs. Dewey Barnes
Winner: Ethan Carter III
(So um, what was this? At least Ryback kills his jobbers. Ethan Carter keeps bring back the same jobbers. This was so bad that I actually imagined that I could beat EC3. I could beat him like CM Punk beat Paul Heyman. This was just total bullshit. )

Match#3: Eric Young and Joseph Parks vs. Kaz and Christopher Daniels
Winners: Kaz and Christopher Daniels
(I have never laughed so fucking hard in my life. I never though I would say this was the match of the night. Most of you reading this would think I have lost my mind. This is not the best match of the night. This was the best comedic thing on TNA. Joseph Park was beaten by a green drink. This was a good match to lead into the main event. Thanks for the laugh TNA. )

Main Event: Chris Sabin vs. Jeff Hardy - Full Metal Mayhem/TNA Champion Tournament Match
Winner: Jeff Hardy
(Someone explain to me why this match barely had the time to do the match. I mean these kind of matches need like close to 30 minutes to show on TV. Also, it is rare to see anything hardcore on TV. WWE is basically PG kid friendly. TNA is not PG but still has their moments of kid friendly content. I do think sometimes TNA is better than WWE with their lack of PG content. This match as it was shows that TNA can be good. Chris Sabin is a good wrestler but he seemed to be out of his element. Hardy was trying to remind people he can do hardcore. Was it me, or did Chris Sabin change his wrestling gear? This was just another attempt to make Hardy something he is not: the main event. )

Final Thoughts: This show was basically Bobby Roode and Kurt Angle beat each other up. That was more exciting than see most of the matches and angles on the show tonight. Angle and Roode should be the match to see during the title tournament. The tease with Aces and Eights breaking up was bullshit. However, the end of Main Event Mafia was good news to me because we need to see more of Samoa Joe and Magnus. Angle is going to be in a good storyline with Roode. Sting needs to leave TNA for good. I am tired of the old men not letting the young guys proceed. TNA need to be more creative not be repetitive. The main event was very one sided because we all know that Hardy is the man for hardcore matches. See you all for WWE Smackdown...








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment