11/28/13

TNA Impact Review - Thanksgiving Edition 2013

Note: Today is Thanksgiving. We are suppose to have something to be thankful for. I am thankful to be a wrestling fan for 30 years. However, tonight's TNA show might test my faith and patience with the wrestling business. I have been critical with both TNA and WWE because it is sad to watch good wrestling go to waste. Hopefully tonight's show is going to change my mind with how I feel. TNA is having a Survivor Series like match and also we might get to see something new and different. So now the turkey is eaten and we got past football, we can now watch TNA Impact.

Match#1: Ethan Carter III vs. Curry Man
Winner: Ethan Carter III
(This was so fucking boring that I decided to play a drinking game to see how many shots it takes for me to watch this match and think it was the best thing since sliced bread. I was drunk in less than two minutes. This was boring. I think WWE dropped the ball with him when he was in NXT. TNA is making him into a dumb joke. Moving on. )

Match#2: Lei'd Tapa vs. Velvet Sky
Winner: Lei'd Tapa
(As I am watching this match, I think it was sad to see Lei'd Tapa be wasted in this match. This was not a good match for the KO division. Even though I loved seeing Gail Kim at ringside. Also I am convinced that both Gail Kim and AJ Lee are using Samoan women to be their bodyguards. Who says WWE and TNA aren't keeping track with who does what and with who. Gotta love SSDD in both. )

Match#3: BroMans vs. Dewey Barnes and Norv Fernum
Winners: BroMans
(NO FUCKING COMMENT!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Moving on to the main event. )

Main Event: Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Magnus, James Storm and Gunner) vs. Team Roode (Bobby Roode, Chris Sabin, Daniels and Kaz)
Winners: Team Roode by DQ
(This was actually a good match to be the main event but too bad it didn't end the show. This was almost as good as an traditional Survivor Series match. I loved how the heels basically had this match won. Angle had to cheat to win. Something he remembered from the late Eddie Guerrero. This could have saved the show but just made me turn the channel and stop watching. )

Final Thoughts: Well the whole segment with Aces and Eights was funny as hell. I wished Bully Ray didn't ruin the ending. Also I know it is a holiday but we don't need lazy writing and really lazy booking. I actually had to change channels through most of it because it was either boring segments or lackluster events. What kills me is Dixie Carter trying to act like a heel and act like she is a big deal. She is trying too hard. Also, the reason why I didn't mention or cover the last segment is because I stopped watching the show. After the main event, it was done. Also since WWE Smackdown was coming on tomorrow, it was pointless to see two food fights. So see you all for WWE Smackdown.



Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment