11/21/13

TNA Turning Point PPV - TNA Impact Review 11/21/13

Note: I will admit that this past week's WWE Raw show was not as bad as I thought. I just don't have high hopes for WWE these days since we don't see anymore things that made it popular up until the dawn of the PG era. Unlike WWE, TNA is gearing up for the end in my opinion. So with that said, we see in TNA that they are using an old WWE storyline with AJ Styles being the TNA champ but is gone in the wind. Dixie Carter is playing the role of replacing AJ Styles as champion. So aside from that, we will see some good and some bad. Here we go...This is TNA Turning Point PPV on TNA Impact.


Match#1: Magnus vs. Samoa Joe - TNA Title Tournament/Falls Count Anywhere
Winner: Magnus
(This is how a show should start. Not putting a shitty title up first but a true wrestling match with hype. Samoa Joe and Magnus made this match so fucking enjoyable that I watched every second of it. This match could have shown WWE that you can have a real falls count anywhere match on TV and PPV. I would bitch about this match because we have seen it before but this time around, we got to see two guys go to work. Thank you TNA for this gem. Next time, it might not be the same way. )

Match#2: Joseph Park vs. Abyss
Winner: No Contest
(This was a huge waste of time and I call bullshit. Moving on. )

Match#3: Gail Kim vs. Candice Le Rae
Winner: Gail Kim
(I would say this was bullshit but I decided to look at this from a different point of view. Candice Le Rae was a cute girl and did have some moves but she reminded me of Kelly Kelly in WWE. She could be a title contender in five years. This was more so a filler because we all know we will see someone come back to TNA and kill the KO division. I did get my Gail Kim fix. Also, what's funny is that Gail Kim and AJ Lee are using women of Samoan decent as bodyguards. Funny....)

Match#4: James Storm vs. Bobby Roode - TNA Title Tournament/Florida Death Match
Winner: Bobby Roode
(I did not mention this because I don't care much for the opening segments in TNA. That's because Dixie Carter is annoying. So what was suppose to be a bull rope match became a truly hardcore match. This match had almost the feel of an ECW match. Tables, chairs, beer bottles, and we almost got some barbed wire. This was so good that I was hoping to see a Mick Foley like ending. However, we got Gunner throwing in the towel to prevent Bobby Roode from killing James Storm. Moving on...)

Match#5: Ethan Carter III vs. Shark Boy
Winner: Ethan Carter III
(Shark Boy? Shark Boy! So I did not know that Shark Boy was a TNA original? This was sad to watch and laughable to bear witness to. I think I will just move on to the main event. )

Main Event: Mr. Anderson vs. Bully Ray - Career vs. Disbandment Match
Winner: Mr. Anderson
(This was almost as good as seeing the Roode/Storm match earlier. Holy shit, I actually cared about a match with Bully Ray. I have said that Bully Ray needed to leave TNA and guess what, he is almost there. No more Aces and Eights?!?!?!?!?!?! I am sadden that this group is done but think TNA needs to do something to fill the void ASAP. This was so good that I am happy to say, I like this match and the ending. I loved seeing all the guys that came out to take the vests of the Aces and Eights members. Good way to end the show.)

Final Thoughts: TNA just put on the best PPV on TV ever. Why? Nothing really was bad about this show except for a few segments but this show was solid for the most part. I find it sad that TNA just put on a very good PPV show on free TV and WWE is about to kill another classic PPV by putting junk in the show. I think I will go to bed with the fact that TNA could have made this week of wrestling more easier to deal with but we got one more show to go. So see you all for WWE Smackdown.










Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment