11/7/12

Opinion of Linda McMahon Losing and WWE's direction with fans.


Dear Friends of Gene The Grappler,

If you don't know by now, Linda McMahon is not going to be senator in Connecticut. All the money and time she wasted to get elected and was wated because people saw that she was responsible for the WWE Attitude Era and also promoted the lack of positive women in the WWE. So I feel that with her losing the election, this could be a way for WWE to change their shows to gain back some of the adult fans they lost while changing to accomidate to kids. I left this in a facebook group about her losing and how this will affect WWE:

My original comment in the group was: Good for the state of Connecticut but bad for WWE fans.

The follow up question was: Bad for the wwe fans? How so?

My reply was: I will say it like this: Between the hollywood writers and the bland storylines, WWE could make it really kid friendly. More Brodus Clay and Super Cena and less CM Punk. I really hate WWE as it is because it is kissing ass with Mattel. I just think WWE is going to alienate the adult fans to gain more kids. During the 1980's, that's how it was.

Someone assumed I wanted WWE to go back to the popular and successful Attitude Era with blood, sex, and violence.

My reply to that was: Let me be clear on something: I am not asking for the Attitude Era back. I will say that since WWE is mostly on cable TV then it can do more than PG. WWE on USA can do more. They have shows with ripped men and sexy women, so what's the difference with that? WWE Raw claims to be an episodic television show. Episodic TV shows on cable do push the envelope. So please stop assuming most fans want the attitude era. I want something that makes sense. TNA isn't trying to cater to kids. They have kid fans but they not trying to have Saturday morning kids show. So let me say it like this: Linda not winning means Linda will try again to run for Senate. They will always use old WWF footage to remind people she was a part of the attitude era. I am asking for something not catered to appease kids only. I just want wrestling or "sports entertainment". I want writers and bookers that are about the business. I don't want Freddy Prinze Jr and the hollywood writers using WWE to kill off talent. I just want simplicity.

I have said that I loved the attitude era but the PG era is to cater to kids. I also reminded people of the 1980's where all kids shows were pushing toys and shit to kids. I just think that WWE is going to alienate people from their product because they want to cater to kids. Face it, Linda McMahon has said she will not run in 2014. Is she done, yes. However, the WWE still have hollywood writers and actors writing wrestling shows. Why? Why is Vince determined to piss off the adults away? Why? Why? Why? This is my opinion as a wrestling fan. I don't like the sports entertainment term because it is not true. Also , for an episodic TV show on cable, it sucks at times. Shows like Burn Notice, Leverage, Haven and other cable TV shows don't insult their audiences. Shows like True Blood, Weeds, and those on HBO and Showtime truly push the envelope. So please don't come at me with the FCC or bullshit like that. Cable shows are different than network shows. Cable shows can use more language and be more adult. USA Network is not innocent. This is the network that have a show called Covert Affairs where a sexy woman played by Piper Perabo is a CIA agent. This is also the network where shows like Suits uses language and shows drugs. So WWE can do more. I am tired of excuses with WWE. They want to have their own network, that's fine but all networks do something to push the envelope. I am done hearing excuses. Time for change!!!!!!!





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment