11/19/12

WWE Survivor Series PPV Review 11/18/12

Note: I use to love watching this PPV because it coincided with Thanksgiving. So that meant this was a bigger deal than watching football on Thanksgiving. So I am coming into this PPV with really high expectations. I know the shows leading to this made it easy to want to watch but with WWE it is hard to deal with shit they put on TV. Ok, here’s WWE Survivor Series and let’s hope I will be surprised.

Pre-Show Match: Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal vs. Zack Ryder and Santino Marella
Winners: Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal
(This was a prime example of wasted talent in WWE. Poor Zack Ryder……He’s in a tag team with Santino. His WWE YouTube show is going down the drain. I mean this match was sad to watch. This is the epitome of mid card hell at its finest. )

Match#1 - Traditional Survivor Series Match: Brodus Clay, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and Tensai
Winners: Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd
(Ok, um what the fuck? So you put  Team Co-Bro vs. 3MB on the pre-show but put this shit on as the first match? Damn, WWE must really hate Zack Ryder. This was a good way to start but this was a epic clusterfuck. Not to mention that this was like watching mid carders fight to be noticed. I mean even Rey Mysterio is a mid carder now. Plus seeing this match made me wish there was a way to make guys look good. This was a clusterfuck.)

Match#2 - WWE Divas Title Match: Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres
Winner: Eve Torres
(This was good for me to watch but bad for the divas title. I am confused as to why Eve still is the divas champ. She is playing a bitch but she is a nice woman outside the WWE. So why is this match good for the title? Kaitlyn is the woman to make this title and division better. WTF!)

Match#3 - WWE United States Title Match: R-Truth vs. Antonio Cesaro
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
(They hyped this match up to being a match where we might see a title change. This match sucked. Not because of the action but because Cesaro is not a US champ. People want the European title back in the WWE so Cesaro can hold that title. This could have been saved for WWE Smackdown.)

Match#4 - World Heavyweight Title Match: Sheamus vs. Big Show
Winner by DQ: Sheamus
(You know, until now I was trying not to lose my patience and temper while watching the PPV but this match just made my night. So you are telling me that this feud will continue? Why? Sheamus needs to move on. He has lost his appeal. Let him go on vacation then come back to beat Big Show. This was a good match until the ending. I am not pissed that this ended in a DQ but I am pissed that this match could have ended clean.)

Match#5 - Traditional Survivor Series Match: Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, David Otunga, Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, the Miz and Randy Orton
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(Son of a bitch! Ziggler finally showed off. This might have save the PPV and my opinion at the same time. This was a lot better than the shitter 5 on 5 match from earlier. I am shocked that these guys did more work than most. I cannot believe that this was before the main event. This should have been the main event match. Damn, I might have to respect Dolph for getting his game upgraded. )

Main Event - Triple Threat for the WWE Title: John Cena vs. Ryback vs. CM Punk
Winner: CM Punk
(I am happy to see that CM Punk is the WWE champ for a full year. I don’t care if he is supposed to be heel. I don’t care if he is with Heyman. I am happy to see Cena lose again. Ryback was taken out of the equation. This is what shocks me……..NXT helped the WWE champ. Holy shit! I was stunned. This was not Nexus or The Corre but the NXT champ and others helping CM Punk. Wow. )

Final Thoughts: The last two matches changed my mood for this PPV. Until that point, I wanted to watch football or actually go out but the end save it for me. By the way, there was a segment where AJ Lee and Vickie Guerrero continued their bullshit. However, Tamina is back as a heel. Is that good for the divas? Yes but she will be stuck fighting Vickie’s battles for a while. I got that shit out of the way. RKO is going to be heel. I cannot wait. CM Punk will have to explain the NXT guys showing up. I guess the end help the PPV but the rest of the show was shit. See you all for WWE Monday Night Raw.

 

 

 

 

Gene The Grappler

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment