11/12/12

TNA Turning Point PPV 11/11/12

Note: This was the first PPV that I remembered on a holiday such as Veteran's Day. This is a TNA PPV, so that means it might be better on a regular Sunday. Also know that most people really did not even think this PPV was on. The hype for this PPV was lackluster. I hope to be entertained but that's asking a lot for TNA. Here's the show.


Match#1: Samoa Joe vs. Magnus - TV Title Match
Winner: Samoa Joe
(Ok so this is a good way to start the PPV. I just have one question: why is a title clearly marked as a TV title defended on a PPV? I love the feud between Magnus and Samoa Joe but I don't like that this was the first match. I love the way this started. I guess I will be happy to see Samoa Joe do something aside from being wasted. Magnus is a good worker. This would have been better on TV. Wait this was on TV. Joe as TV champ is a waste but it is better than nothing.)

Match#2: Tara & Jesse Godderz vs ODB & Eric Young
Winners: ODB and Eric Young
(Is this feud over with? Is EY back for good? Will the KO tag titles be changed to something else? This match had more questions than answers. I want to see Tara defend her title not be a part of some silly storyline. Moving on.........)

Match#3: Joey Ryan vs. RVD - TNA X Divison  Title Match
Winner: RVD
(Paycheck player strikes again. He won but thank you Matt Morgan for kicking the shit out of RVD. Joey Ryan is not a joke. I want to see more of him soon. )

Match#4: Joseph Park vs. DOC
Winner: DOC
(This was a mismatch from the beginning. Since we all know that Parks is really Abyss and since he is not looking to be Abyss soon, this was a pointless match. I also hope this will end soon.)

Match#5: Chavo Guerrero and Hernadez vs. Kaz and Daniels - World Tag Team Title Match
Winners: Chavo and Hernadez
(No comment.)

Match#6: Roode vs. Storm vs. Styles - #1 Contender for the TNA Heavyweight Title
Winner: James Storm
(No comment.)

Match#7: Devon vs. Kurt Angle
Winner: Kurt Angle
(No comment.)

Main Event: Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy - TNA World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Jeff Hardy
(Utterly disgusted. Moving on.)



Final Thoughts: This PPV was not ok. I did see some good things. I am sad to know that AJ Styles is stuck as a mid carder. I am sad to see that RVD is still X Division Champ. I was happy to see Eric Young come back to help his girl. Most of the lackluster was in the main event. I wish Jeff Hardy would have lost the title. We all know that this is a ploy to keep him in TNA. I hope TNA Impact clears up some things. See you all for WWE Raw........





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment