3/19/13

WWE Raw Review 3/18/13


Note: This is Wrestlemania season. We are suppose to see good matches and feuds form for this PPV and the new year of WWE programming. So we as fans want to see the epic matches that have our stars. We will see Taker go 21 and 0. We will see two rematches from 2012 in this PPV. We will see some good feuds build. I just hope that we don't see some bulshit and some lame shit. So with that said, here is WWE Monday Night Night Raw.............

Opening Segment: John Cena comes out to the ring to promo his match for Wrestlemania. Prime Time Players come out to tell Cena that he is not what people want to see at Wrestlemania. This leads to...........

Match#1: Darrin Young vs. John Cena
Winner: John Cena
(The segment was the funniest one ever. This was basically the best comedic segment ever on WWE. This made me laugh so hard and I was happy to see something different from WWE. As for the match, well it was basically a jobber match for Cena. This was sad to watch but it was happy to see the opening segment.)

Match#2: Ryback vs. David Otunga
Winner: Ryback
(This was basically a jobber match for Ryback. We all know that Otunga was setup to lose. Plus even though Otunga is in the current WWE Films movie but he is still a jobber. Also this was to setup Ryback vs. Mark Henry.)

Match#3: Fandango vs. The Great Khali
Winner: No Contest
(I don't know what pissed me off more. I wanted to see Fandango wrestle but I was not going to be hopeful with this bullshit of a gimmick. Also as for The Great Khali, well I gave up wanting to see something different from him. This was a clusterfuck that was avoided by shitty writing and booking.)

Match#4: R-Truth vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: R-Truth by Count Out
(I am shocked to see this because I wanted to see a clean finish but then again this could be setting up something. I hope this is something good to come out of this because this was a waste of a good match. )

Match#5: Primo and Epico vs. Team Hell No - Non Title Match
Winner: Team Hell No
(Well this was a good match. I say that because I liked seeing quality tag team matches. However, this also setup the possible match for the titles with Team Hell No and Dolph and Big E. So that could make Dolph a triple crown champion in 2013. I guess with that will make me happy.)

Match#6: Cody Rhodes vs. Alberto Del Rio - Non Title Match
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(Good news is that ADR and Swagger title match is getting better. I actually like the shit with the right wing nut vs. the mexican american. This was a good setup match and even though Cody lost, he still will get something good at Wrestlemania. The bad news is that Ricardo Rodrigez has a broken ankle via SWagger. So this might get good now.)

Match#7: Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. 3MB
Winners: Randy Orton and Sheamus
(This is another setup match. This match lead the way to seeing Big Show be the third man for the 6 man tag match at Wrestlemania. This was good to see but also will lead to being a colossal clusterfuck at Wrestlemania. I just hope to see something shitty come for this. )

Match#8: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(This was a typical match for both men. It made Dolph look good as the heel and Kofi look good as a jobber. I am going to be speechless about the rest because this was a sad thing to see Kofi become a jobber. Dolph is going to be WHC in 2013. )

Match#9: The Miz vs. Chris Jerricho vs. Wade Barrett - IC Title Match
Winner: Wade Barrett
(This was the best match of the night. I think this match showed that the IC title still matters in the WWE. All three men have did the best job they could do to make the IC title great again. Barrett was awesome. The Miz was sweet. Y2J still can go and should be in the main event but helping the young talent is good as well. Thank you WWE for this classic. )

Main Event: Triple and Brock Lesnar will fight at Wrestlemaina 29. They will have a No Holds Barred Match with the stipulation that if Triple H loses, he is retired.
(No comment.)

Final Thoughts: Well I did not get a lot of good things in this episode. I think the last match before the dumb ass contract signing was better than the dumb ass contract signing. Most of the show was lacking something. This shoow did setup some things but it failed to make someone like me want to see Wrestlemania 29. I guess I will hope for something again soon. See you all for TNA Impact.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment