6/10/13

Gene The Grappler Presents: A Sendoff to The Wrestling Roundtable

Dear Fans of Gene The Grappler:

Well I wanted to do this special entry during the weekend but my work life came first. Anyways, I am doing this special entry for you all to notify you that one of my favorite wrestling related shows on YouTube is no longer on the air for the time being. As many of you know, especially if you read my blogs, I have two shows that I use to promote so to speak. The one that I am going to talk about is Wrestling Roundtable. The show been on Youtube for five years and I been a fan since year two. I loved seeing the host and his panel discuss past and present wrestling related events. Even though they also discuss MMA events and PPVs, I watched for the wrestling. Most of the time, these guys were right about their view of WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA, ROH and other wrestling federations.
One of the reasons that Gene The Grappler exist is because I got tired of seeing shitty wrestling and not saying shit about it. Seeing the guys on Wrestling Roundtable and also other places made me break the shell of being just a wrestling fan. Thank god I am not a smart mark. I tend to just watch as it seen and not report stuff. I just watch a match, speak my mind, and move on before I piss myself off. Watching Wrestling Rountable was my outlet to see what the fuck was going on and what could have happened in the past. The host, Eric Santamaria, is not a close friend to me personally but I do feel like he and his panel allow Gene The Grappler to be what it is now.

Finally, I am happy to see something good with wrestling in this show. I mean, it is hard to get a good show on Youtube and also a sucessful show that is for fans of wrestling. With the changing world and what wrestling is to pop culture, Wrestling Roundtable was a constant in my life as a fan of wrestling and also a wrestling blogger. Unlike most of the guys on the show, I have been a fan for over 30 years. I still remember when WWF would only do Saturday morning shows and the occasional weekend latenight. Fans today don't care to remember or know that. With Wrestling Roundtable off Youtube for the time being, it is up to people like myself and other wrestling bloggers and shows to showcase the past and educate them to the future.

So thank you E and crew for your contribution to not only many lives but you and your show was the catalyst for the creation of Gene The Grappler. I hope this is not the end because even in wrestling, the end is just a reboot to something better. Thank you.



Eugene Chandler III/Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment