6/20/13

TNA Impact Review 6/20/13 - Open Fight Night

Note: Today is the official start of the BFG series in TNA. Last year's blog/review of this PPV from TNA gave me close to 180 views and also many accolades. So this year's should be epic because I already pick AJ Styles to win this because he was fucked over last year. I hope I am right. Other than that, TNA has to be better tonight because WWE Raw was good and was better than the after WM edition. So time to gear up and time to get ready for Open Fight Night......TNA Impact is on.

Match#1: Jospeh Parks vs. Mr. Anderson of Aces and Eights - BFG Series Match
Winner: Mr. Anderson - 7 pts.
(Well I am glad this match was the opener. I say that because it is sad that Anderson left WWE to be at TNA. Anderson was not doing well in WWE but in TNA he is better off. Even before joining Aces and Eights, he was in the main event picture. Don't care for Joseph Parks because waiting for Abyss to come back. )

Match#2: Austin Aries vs. Jay Bradley (Gut Check Tournament Winner) - BFG Series Match
Winner: Austin Aries - 7pts.
(This was pointless to me because Aries had this match won before the dumbass called him out. Aries is not a big man but he gets the job done. What's funny is that seeing this match is like watching kids play a fighting game. Whomever mashes the button fastest is going to win. This was a mash up of seeing Aries take someone to school. School's out. )

Match#3: Hernandez vs. Daniels - BFG Series Match
Winner: Daniels - 7pts.
(Hernandez was suppose to win. Hernandez should have gotten the points. So what the fuck just happened? I was watching but blinked and when I did.......Daniels won. Wow, I guess I missed something but good job Daniels for this upset win. I think I am going to not bet against Daniels ever again. It was a good match to say the least. )

Match#4: Kaz vs. Magnus - BFG Series Match
Winner: Magnus - 10pts.
(This is the second match of the night that was quick and fast. I mean I love quick jobber matches but this wasn't a jobber match. Magnus used a submission which shocked the fuck out of me. I wish I could say that I liked this match but I knew Kaz was not going to win this match. At least it was funny to see Kaz grow some balls.)

Match#5: Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles - BFG Series Match
Winner: Draw - Each gets 2pts.
(This is the match I wanted to see because this is a match of the founding fathers of the X Division and TNA itself. AJ Styles is my favorite for this series because of what happened last year. He was screwed out of the title picture. He took on this loner role. I relate to this and also relate to the fact that he is only in the BFG series to win the title. I am not taking anything away from Samoa Joe. He is a beast in TNA. He was screwed out of the main event as well. The way this ended was not bad because this was the best match of the night.)

Main Event: Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy - BFG Series Match
Winner: Jeff Hardy - 7pts.
(At first, I hated that this was the main event. I say that because I do not like that Hardy is like Cena in WWE. He is the most overrated guy in TNA. I can say that because TNA allowed him to stay rather than to leave and be like his brother and job to indy guys. I don't like Hardy because he signed to stay in TNA because he knows he will be a midcarder in WWE. As for Roode, I hated him all of last year and I changed my tune because Roode is the best heel in TNA. That match was bullshit because Roode should have won. Here we go with the lovefest with TNA and Hardy. )

After The Main Event: Aces and Eights leader and president Bully Ray comes out. He calls out Brooke Hogan to talk. The music of the revamped Main Event Mafia starts with Sting steps out first. Sting calls out Bully Ray. Bully Ray calls out the rest of Aces and Eights. They are laid out by the other members of Main Event Mafia. Out comes Kurt Angle. Angle lock on Bully Ray. End of show.
(Well I think this is going to be interesting because now we got someone to fight Aces and Eights. Main Event Mafia is back. Am I happy? Not really. I guess that is because I think Aces and Eights is like NWO and Main Event Mafia is the Four Horsemen. So SSDD via WCW playbook. )

Final Thoughts: The ending should have been after the last match. Why? It is because unlike WWE, TNA should have ended the best show with a good match. Even though I think the match was shitty but that should have ended the show. Speak of the rest of the show, well I am happy to see some good matches for BFG series. I loved the AJ/Joe match because it was classic TNA. The whole BS with the KO division was a front to show off Brooke and outdo the best KO match with a rematch of Taryn Terrell and Gail Kim. Basically, I hope TNA does not ruin things just as BFG series is starting. See you all for WWE Smackdown. Let's see if this show does not recap WWE Raw.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment