6/13/13

TNA Impact Review 6/13/13

Note: Unlike on WWE TV where they are getting ready for a somewhat shitty PPV, in TNA we are gearing up for the best in my opinion PPV of 2013. Bound For Glory should be interesting. People might be surprised with tonight's show because I am looking that this show as a primer to something better. So let's watch TNA Impact to see what surprises we might see.

Match#1: Kaz and Daniels vs. Gunner & James Storm - Bound for Glory Series Qualifying Match
Winners: Kazarian and Daniels
(This was an interesting way to start the show. Tag team match to get two guys into the series tournament is creative. This was going to be interesting as a tag team match but the added stipulation made this good TV. I watched this match from beginning to end because unlike WWE, this is what fans want to see more of. Good match that mean something. I was sad to see the winners but Bad Influence in the BFG series would be good for business.)

Match#2: Crimson vs. Joseph Parks - Bound for Glory Series Qualifying Match
Winner: Joseph Parks
(I miss Crimson because he was a good heel. I miss Crimson because he was young and could be a good champion. This match was bullshit for many reasons. One of which is the fact that it is time to end the character, Joseph Parks. We need Abyss back and also we need to see Abyss doing more than come and go. Bullshit!!!!!! This was bullshit!!!!)

Match#3: Magnus vs. Rob Terry vs. Kenny King vs. Matt Morgan - Bound for Glory Series Qualifying Match
Winner: Magnus
(Holy shit! I think this was maybe a dark horse match. This looked like a clusterfuck but it was a hidden gem. I think TNA is good for matches like this. Why? It is because WWE is scared to showcase talent and also scared to show how good of a roster they have. This was a match that I would love to see again for a title or even a possible X Division match. )

Match#4: Eric Young vs. Austin Aries - Bound for Glory Series Qualifying Match
Winner: Austin Aries
(Just like Crimson and Abyss, we need to see more of EY. I'm not mad that AA won but I am mad that EY is basically The Rock of TNA. He has a TV show and also some other projects. I guess this was a good match but hated that EY is gone after this.)

Match#5: Devon vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Wes Brisco vs. Garett Bischoff vs. Knux vs. Doc - Battle Royal Bound for Series Qualifying Match
Winner: Mr. Anderson
(This was funny as fucking hell. I almost though this was going to be a real thing. This was a slap in the face of Hogan. I am going to move on because it is sad to see this shit and also funny to see Aces and Eights do silly shit now.)

Main Event: Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles - Bound for Glory Series Qualifying Match
Winner: AJ Styles
(I told people that AJ Styles is going to be in the BFG series. People don't understand that last year AJ Styles lost to James Storm. AJ Styles' new gimmick is the end result of what happened after BFG. So it is fitting that he would be back in the series with a goal to be the #1 contender again. Didn't care for the aftermatch shit with Angle, Rampage and Aces and Eights. )

Final Thoughts: I was happy to see TNA gear up for BFG. I was happy to see Crimson come back. I was happy to see this not suck tonight. My god, TNA might be better than WWE. I guess this is the time of year when TNA becomes a better promotion. We will see. I just hope that TNA will get the titles back into the picture soon. I really want to see someone like Chris Sabin in action for next week. Well going to bed. See you all for WWE Smackdown. Ugh, Payback is going to suck.








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment