6/28/13

WWE Smackdown Review 6/28/13

Note: As we gear up for the MITB PPV, I hope tonight's WWE Smackdown is good for so many reasons. I know people tend to hope for good things with WWE Smackdown. I want good things with WWE Smackdown because if you subtract all the WWE Raw recaps, this can be a good show. I also want Smackdown to be like it once was prior to the PG era. I know we will see some decent matches and also some decent answers to some questions with MITB PPV. So here's Smackdown.....

Match#1: Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow - Dublin Street Fight
Winner: Sheamus
(Will someone please explain to me why street fights have to have themes? I think it is funny since last night I was bitching about TNA starting their show with a title match but after seeing this, I will stop bitching about title matches to start the show. I will bitch about seeing Sheamus so fucking early in the show. I think The Miz is off the hook for what he did to piss off Vince. Moving on.)

Match#2: Natalya vs. AJ Lee
Winner: Natalya
(Well this was a welcome change to seeing shitty divas matches on TV. I also want to say that I am happy to see Natalya actually wrestle. I wish this was a good match but we all know that Natalya had to carry AJ Lee this time around. I also loved the thing with Kaitlyn coming out as AJ Lee. Fucking funny as hell. )

Match#3: Randy Orton vs. Kane
Winner: Randy Orton
(Well the good thing is that this was a good match for the most part. I love the back and forth between these men. I will admit that this was close to being a classic because we have seen them wrestle for titles and also for #1 contenderships. I hated that Daniel Bryan was out there because I don't want to see him go back to being heel.)

Match#4: Ryback vs. Justin Gabriel
Winner: Ryback
(Well he's back to killing jobbers. SSDD back in effect with Ryback. Moving on.)

Match#5: The Usos and Christian vs. The Shield
Winners: The Usos and Christian
(WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! So you are making The Shield job now? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This is not fucking happening. I am sorry but this is fucking bullshit. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

Main Event: Alberto Del Rio's fiesta for winning the WHC title. He was being a total heel. Same with Ricardo. His fiesta was interrupted by Dolph Ziggler.
(Best ending ever on Smackdown in a short while. I think I am happier with ADR and RR as heels again. I say that because it was rough to see ADR as a face. Even his promos are better to deal with. This whole fiesta thing was cool because it makes fun of the whole bullshit of his mexican aristocrat gimmick. Also his promo in spanish was funny. I am fluent in spanish and laughed all the way through. Ziggler coming out at the end made it worth the time. Thank you WWE for this.)


Final Thoughts: Well this was not a great show but it was better than most. I will admit that this show did make some sense and this show did not focus on the shit that happened on Raw. However was pissed with the MITB compertitors for Smackdown. Basically, this was the mid carder version of MITB match. I think Smackdown's MITB match at the PPV will do better because of the all the young talent. Well at least this week did not suck as much. See you all for WWE Raw.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment