6/21/13

WWE Smackdown Review 6/21/13

Note: Well after watching the best TNA in a while, it is time to hope this week's Smackdown is better because we don't need a recap of WWE Raw. We need to see the new champions and also see something that could be considered better than shitty. I love Smackdown because it was the better show but since the end of the brand extension, Smackdown has been below a B show. So let's watch Smackdown and see what happens.

Opening Segment: Daniel Bryan makes his way out to the ring. Bryan talks about how he never had a match stopped due to injury. Bryan then suggests they stopped the match because Bryan was considered the weak link. Bryan says Orton should have fought the official's decision instead of "tapping me on the head like a dog." Bryan wants to prove he is not the weak link by defeating Randy Orton tonight. Out comes Randy Orton. Orton says he helped him up out of respect, Bryan says he's patronizing him. Orton says after tonight Bryan will be carried out on a stretcher.
()

Match#1: Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: Sheamus
(I change the channel from this match because I hated to see someone like Sheamus act like the other asshole Cena. I am tired of the goofy and silly Sheamus. I liked him better with the attitude and the mean streak. WWE had to make him face because kids liked him. Fuck that shit. At least seeing Damien Sandow beating Sheamus was a good thing to a shitty match.)

Match#2: Curtis Axel vs. Wade Barrett - IC Title Match
Winner: Curtis Axel
(To be honest, I wanted to see this match because it was better off being a regular match not a triple threat match. I also think it is funny to see two heels face each other. The Miz being at ringside was cool because he is about to be done wrestling and about to take on a commentator role soon. This was a good match with very little result. Plus the good thing was this match helped Curtis Axel beat someone cleanly. I know that is funny to say but it is true. )

Match#3: AJ Lee vs. Natalya - Non Title Match
Winner: AJ Lee
(Well this was a bad ass match. I say that because we got to see more submissions and more movement from the women in WWE. I guess WWE is trying to get the women to do more than TNA. Thank god for that. This was not a bad match because AJ Lee and Natty made this so bad ass. Thanks ladies. )

Match#4: Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho - Non Title Match
Winner: ADR by DQ
(The only good thing was seeing Ziggler beat the shit out of ADR. Also was cool to see Y2J give Ziggler a codebreaker for fucking up the match. This was not a boring match but I guess with ADR being heel again, it is like watching a flea beat up a tick. Bad reference but it made my point. )

Match#5: Christian vs. Drew McIntyre
Winner: Christian
(This was basically a jobber match. Welcome back to the mid card, Christian! Also here is The Shield, they are here to welcome you to Smackdown. Not boring but it was bullshit. Time to end the show with SSDD. )

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Daniel Bryan by Countout
(I hated how this ended on WWE Raw. I really hated how this ended tonight. Why? This is not going to get DB over because it just makes him look weaker and dumber. RKO is playing the part but not a good one. I guess SSDD is back in WWE. )

Final Thoughts: Well I had to avoid the recaps and also the bullshit but this was still a good show. I wanted to see a good show. It was not epic or seperate from WWE Raw. However, this did show matches that was not shown on WWE Raw. I think it is time to get back to the seperate shows and also the seperate storylines again. I could do a better job of booking WWE Smackdown as a seperate entity. See you all for WWE Raw.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment