9/12/13

TNA Impact Review 9/13/13 - No Surrender Free PPV

Note: Well I have said that this idea of having free PPVs on TV is not something most older fans are use to. I know that TNA is going through some financial issues and cannot afford to do a full PPV schedule. What kills me is that going into this show will be the possibilities of what could happen and also what could be seen on live TV. I just hope this is what I envision is what is real. Here's TNA Impact - No Surrender...

Match#1: AJ Styles vs. Austin Aries - BFG Semi Finals
Winner: AJ Styles
(I am going to ignore my usual rant about good matches starting the show first. This was an exception. Why is that? Well it is because Aries and Styles just made this match better than the one before. Austin Aries should be champion. Same goes with AJ Styles. Unlike WWE, TNA does make stars from their own roster but they assume they can make bigger stars out of old WWE stars. This was actually better because there was something in stake. I will say this is definitely a Match of The Year Candidate. Thank you TNA for this gem.)

Match#2: Magnus vs. Bobby Roode - BFG Semi Finals
Winner: Magnus
(Unlike the above match, this was basically a different match but the winner was not right. Seeing Magnus most weeks was like watching how he was either carrying the match or was slow but did something at the end to make it interesting. So watching this match was not hard but at times, I think Roode was wondering why is this man doing to me. Unlike the other match, this was not a big deal. However, this was not the shit.)

Match#3: Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson - Last Man Standing Match for the TNA Heavyweight Title
Winner: Bully Ray
(THIS WAS FUCKING GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!! I was so fucking pissed at this match. Not only did we see Bully Ray use every cheap trick in the book but we got to see the end of Anderson in Aces and Eights. Why? He was more interesting to see than Bully Ray. I think I was happy to change the channel after seeing how badly they killed Anderson. Time for the main event.)

Main Event: AJ Styles vs. Magnus - BFG Finals Match
Winner: AJ Styles - 2013 Winner
(I know how to pick winners this year. After last year's BFG PPV, I knew that AJ was going to win this year. Why? One reason was the fact that AJ Styles is the John Cena of TNA. Unlike Cena, AJ Styles have been heel and face and still keep fans. This was a good match even though this match wasn't going to happen. Watching Kaz, Daniels, and Roode beat both men in the ring up was fucking funny as hell. I was hoping to see a good match and I did see one. This was a back and forth match with lots of crazy turns. Seeing AJ win the BFG Series made me cry and made me happy. This is how things should be. )

Final Thoughts: Well BFG Series matches are over. Unlike last year, this was a year of crazy turns and also good action. This show was a mix of bullshit and greatness. I don't have much to say because it is time to see who is the new champ at the next actual PPV. See you all for WWE Smackdown.









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment