9/9/13

WWE Raw Review 9/9/13

Note: Seeing that Night of Champions is less than a week away, it should be noted that we should be seeing better shows especially this week. I also think it is funny that Edge is back on WWE TV. Why? I know that they are in Toronto tonight. Ok but why bring Edge back? This is not best for business since he cannot do anything except talk. I'm not bitch about seeing Edge but I am not happy to see how he is used. So not only is Edge back for tonight but we get to see Santino come back and also the return of Goldust. This might be an interesting show after all, here's WWE Raw.

Match#1: Kofi Kingston vs. Curtis Axel
Winner: Kofi Kingston by DQ
(We saw this match last week. I love how WWE assumes that people don't watch all their shows in a week. So they figure to make people watch the same match over and over again. The only thing that changed was how Kofi won. He won clean last week on Smackdown. This week, it was Curtis Axel who got DQed. I am going to move on. This was what it was: crap. )

Match#2: Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt
(This was sad to watch. Why? It is because Dolph is jobbing. I like the Wyatt Family but this is getting played out now. I don't want to see Dolph jobbing. I don't want to see Bray Wyatt unless he is facing someone worth a watch. This was bullshit at its best. )

Match#3: Natalya, Naomi, and Brie Bella vs. Alicia Fox, Aksana, and Layla
Winners: Natalya, Naomi, and Brie Bella
(This was just a fucking excuse to promote the divas show on E! This was so fucking quick that I was shocked to see that I was able to go pee and get a drink. I think it is sad that WWE resorted to getting another show just to make space for these women who can't wrestle or cannot be used right. AJ Lee is the Divas champion but if she loses it, I will make sure to stop mentioning any Divas match again. )

Match#4: R-Truth vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(ADR is the WHC, right? So why is this more of a non title match for the IC title? Basically, this was boring. ADR is killing jobbers left and right. R-Truth is a jobber with a gimmick. I an annoyed and will be moving on. )

Match#5: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro
Winner: Santino Marella
(I bitched about him being a joke. I was pissed that he is a jobber with a comedic gimmick. I am happy to see Santino back in WWE. Why? It is because we need to laugh in the WWE. Sad thing is that we also need someone to distract us from the bullshit that Triple H and Steph puts on TV. )

Match#6: Damien Sandow vs. The Miz
Winner: Damien Sandow with an assist to Fandango
(I think I will just move on because this was so bad that I don't want to say something I cannot take back. This was bad on so many reasons. )

Match#7: Goldust vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton
(I am happy to see Goldust back in WWE. This is a good angle with him, RKO, his brother Cody and Triple H. I love seeing him come back. We should have seen a brother vs. brother at WM. This was a good match because RKO did not stink up the place. Goldust is still a good wrestler and character to see on TV. This angle is better than nothing. I think WWE relies heavy on their old talent because they don't want to admit their young talent is not good. Or it is because their young talent is shit. This was a good match regardless. I just think it is fucking funny that we got to see Goldust back in WWE for one night. )

Match#8: Rob Van Dam vs. Ryback
Winner: Rob Van Dam by DQ
(So we finally get to see this match? Why? It is because RVD and Ryback wear the same ring gear. Why is ADR even back out? I think I was put to sleep with ADR's speech. This was like watching a cruiserweight fight a heavyweight. This was just weird to watch but cool to see. Also, I think the Canadian audience said something to upset the WWE TV truck. This could have ended with a pin but whatever.)

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(This was good to see this as a main event but seeing this for a title or something important. These guys personify what it is like to go from doing local house shows to being on TV in front of millions and millions people. This was good to see because at least these guys do deserve to be in the main event. Ambrose can wrestle and same goes for Bryan. Even though this is the main storyline of the time being, it is better than seeing Cena do his bullshit. Good thing, we got to see Daniel Bryan win one. However, seeing the after match events was bullshit. SSDD.  )

Final Thoughts: I know I did not mention the actual events of what happened with Edge but seeing that he will be on WWE Smackdown, it is going to be repeated then. Also seeing that WWE is in Canada until this weekend, we might as well get use to seeing crap until Sunday at the PPV in Detroit. Edge was a good thing to help boost viewership. Even though we are back in NFL season and we all know that Monday Night Football takes fans away from WWE. This was a show of good moments but shitty matches. Except for seeing Goldust wrestle. Also seeing that the main event was better to see because it did not have Cena to kill the ending. At least the crowd was into the main things of this show. See you all for TNA Impact.........






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment